Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes Done to Functional Area mapping with GL is Prospective or retrospective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a Query

we have Functional Area Determination where we assign Functional area to GL and then later we change GL assignment to some other functional area.

does these changes show up in financial reports on Prospective basis or does system show reports on retrospective basis where GL shows up under newly assigned reporting head (New functional area assignment)

Regards

Raviprasad Pai B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

The changes would reflect prospectively. You need to consolidate all the incorrect postings from past and do the manual JEV to post it to correct functional area. Then this will be reflected in the financial statement report.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Thanks for your quick response

I wanted to re clarify my understanding on this subject

So we need to post Manual journal entry for re post functional are results from previously assigned GL mapping of Functional area to New functional area assignement.

Can you please confirm on Journal entry Voucher type that must be used for such reversal.

Regards

Raviprasad Pai B

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

You need to the consolidate the amount all the postings with incorrect functional area and create one JEV with type 00047 - Manual Posting - Journal Entry Voucher.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

In addition to Parveen's reply, alternate option is to reverse and repost the JEs which has wrong functional area determined

For JEs created for the transnational document then You can

Open the Journal entry,

Click on You can also and select View business transaction for accounting

Click on View all

Here you will have the Buttons 1) reverse and re-post and 2) Reverse and re-post to another period

This will reverse the original JE and create the new JE with correct GL/Functional area fi the settings are changed after Original JE was created. However this needs to be performed for each JE.

Regards,

Harshal

Answers (0)