cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with User Group assignment in AEM ADODBE CQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement in our project wherein user creation in AEM ADOBE CQ happens through webservices.

The URL used for Group Assignment is as below:

localhost//home/groups/a/admin.rw.html

In this case, whenever we provision a user with "Admin" user group, it is successful.

However in case the Group name starts with any letter other than "a" (for ex: hiking-admins), this does not get assigned to user as the group name starts with "h"

I have zero knowledge in java. I would like to know if we can write a code wherein the group is picked up based on run time value?

For ex: if it is hiking-admins group, it goes to H folder and then search for hiking-admins and assign to user

Thanks & Regards,

V!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got resolution to this. This question is now answered

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please share it with us? Perhaps other customers are facing the same and your input would help them in future if they find this discussion.

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Sure.

I defined variables as below:

var empprivkey=Par.get("emppriv");    [emppriv will be the run time user group which we will be selecting in IDM UI. This will be entered as a parameter in our pass]

var xyz=empprivkey.slice(0,1);    [this variable will fetch the first letter of user group and store it in xyz]

We then call this variable in our URL:

localhost//home/groups/"+xyz+"/admin.rw.html

Thanks & Regards,

V!