cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post unplanned delivery cost to different freight G/L Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the freight costs the business process is at  the time Purchase Order creation, the company does not know what is the freight costs that is going to be charged by the vendor. The freight charges will be known when the vendor sends the Invoice. The purchase order contains the materials to be drop shipped by vendor directly to customer or cross dock delivery to company premises.

The business requirement is when the MIRO invoice is posted, user will enter the freight charges at the document header level and that value needs to be split among the PO Line items and needs to be posted to separate Freight Cost G/L Accounts based on the account assignment category. For drop ship items the freight cost to be posted to one G/L Account and for cross dock items it needs to be posted to a different G/L Account. Later on this freight cost to be applied to customer invoice for charging the customer with the vendor freight cost.

The solution option we have considered is to define two statistical freight condition types at PO Level (one to be triggered for Drop ship materials and the other to be for Cross dock items), in the pricing procedure assign two different Account keys to these condition types. At MIRO users enters the freight cost as unplanned delivery cost, write the code in a user exit to split this value among the freight line items of the MIRO invoice. As separate Account keys are assigned to the condition types the values can be posted to separate G/Ls. To bring these values to customer invoice we will develop a custom routine in SD pricing procedure.

Request the experts to let me know if there is any simple way to map this requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

GLN.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes exactly . Could you please post your MIRO screeen after activation for diff GL , so that i could let you know how they can be posted.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

There is no change in the MIRO screen after making the configuration. Please find the MIRO screen as below.

Thanks,

GLN

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are getting the separate GL account screen , in the header you enter the unplanned delivery costs and then the GL account tab of the item screen , enter the GL account and mention the debit or credit indicator and then enter the amount .Here you can split the amount among the GL accounts .

also based upon the type of the PO you can use differrant GL accounts .

hope most of your issues will get resolved .

Regards,

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your above response itself there is the solution . when you want to post distributed , will be added to material cost .which is not needed for you . Your best option would be post to separate GL account .In this option you can use differrant GLs based upon your requirement like third party drop ship etc .

Both the options are mutually exclusive and can not be posted simultaneously .and hence that provision is given by sap.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Thanks for your inputs. Your suggestion on the GR/IR , FR/IR clearing accounts helped me a lot in understanding the Accounting entries in P2P process. I am an SD Consultant and don't have much knowledge on the MM-FI integration.   I have tested the Planned delivery cost approach and It looks like that is not the right option as the freight differences at PO and Invoice are posted to Price Variance accounts.

Regarding posting the unplanned delivery cost to different G/L accounts could you let me know if there is any user exit/ enhancement spot that can be used to split the unplanned delivery cost and post it to different G/Ls while saving the MIRO invoice. Also could you let me know if there is any way to tag the PO number and line item number to the G/L Entry.

Thanks,

GLN.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need not have to have a User Exit . Rather once the post to diff GL accounts are activated in SPRO , in the MIRO screen system will populate the GL entry tab and you can enter the costs in it .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

In SPRO for the configuration "How unplanned delivery costs are posted" I have activated the option "2-Different G/L Line" . With this the unplanned delivery cost is posted to G/L account based on the Account modifier "UPF-Unplanned Delivery Costs".

If I want to post it to multiple accounts, do I need to post them manually in the G/L Tab?

Thanks,

GLN

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As at the time of the PO you do not know the freight costs and you want to post the freight costs in the MIRO as unplanned delivery costs . and there is no way you have to post as unplanned .

Here your requirements are 1. Post to separate GL accounts and 2. distribution among line items .

However both of your requirements are given with sap standard functionality with the below sap  link .

Logistics Invoice Verification (MM-IV-LIV) - SAP Library

check spro--mm--liv--incoming invoice ---configure how unplanned delivery costs are treated .

at the same time when you maintain the condition type for frieght iN PO , they will become the planned delivery costs . if this come in to picture FR/IR account will come into the pictute at GR and IR .

i think your requirement will be partially met . and the coding part may become fuzzy rather to go with the standard.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Thanks for the suggestion. With the standard SAP option we can either distribute it among invoice line items ( In this case the freight cost will be added to material cost)  or post to separate G/Ls. Our requirement is kind of both, where we need to distribute among the line items ( It is required to copy the value to customer Invoice item), and post it to Freight G/Ls (this is need to account for the inbound freight expenses for drop ship items and for cross dock items).

Thanks,

GLN

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no other way instead of custom development (at least as of my knowledge).

You need to also take care about the accounting entry for freight charges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions Please