Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

On SAP Business One 9.0,

I get the Message (Transaction without amount) when I make an Asset Class Transfer for an Asset Under Construction.

Kindly advice,

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link for accounting treatment of "Assets under Construcvtion"

May be helpful to understand something in the context of SAP Business One.

Assets under Construction - Asset Accounting (FI-AA) - SAP Library

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jiju, this link does not look as if it relates to SAP Business One, which this forum is for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I know that this does not relate to SAP Business One,

I was suggesting to check whether this helps in anyway, that's why I added the sentence in the link

May be helpful to understand something in the context of SAP Business One.

I was just referring to the treatment of Capitalization and depreciation, not on functionality in SAP B one.

However, thanks for the note.

JO.

former_member212181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kerolous,

Iam not sure but I feel some issue in your process.

1. If an asset is under construction, then it should not capitalized.

For Eg: If some expenses will occurred for installing some machinery for which supplier is not giving single Invoice, but we are having many invoices from many suppliers, then it is right practice to book those expenses under AP Invocie > Service type

and Line level GL account will be Construction under Process(Capitalization clearing account).

Once all invoices loaded in to Capitalization clearing account and asset is ready for use, then you can do direct capitalization entry for that asset.

Then if required, you can transfer from one asset class to another.

Please correct me if iam wrong

Thanks

Unnikrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Unnikrishnan,

I think that Asset Under Construction is able to be Capitalized, as the end life of any Asset Under Construction is to be a Fixed Asset.

Below is the scenario of what I had done:

The AUC (Asset Under Construction) which I created is looks like the normal Fixed Asset Except it has the Assigned Depreciation Type with No Depreciation Method.

After finalizing the AUC, I want to Transfer it to an Asset Class with a Depreciation Method STL.

Then I get the Message (Transaction Without Amount)

Thanks,

Kerolous

former_member212181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to run Manual depreciation for the month (in which transfer is going to happen) and try to transfer asset class.

Note: Please do it in test database first...

Thanks

Unnikrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Unnikrishnan,

I try to do a Manual Depreciation on that AUC but I get the message (NBV of the Asset can't fall below Zero; change the total).

Although the Asset has a NBV equal 18,000 USD , and I a do a manual depreciation by 100 USD

Thanks,

Kerolous Samuel

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You shouldn't need to do anything other than complete the depreciation runs up to date before transferring. The only time you should need a value in the transfer is if you have ticked the "Partial" box

From the transfer, are you able to right click and view the Journal Entry Preview?