cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload SDK extensions to BI platform without Design Studio?

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to upload an SDK-Extension to BI platform without using Design Studio and haven't found any yet. Does anybody know whether that is possible in general?

I developed application in design studio including an extension component, published it to my bi-platform and installed this extension there too. It runs in my environment smoothly.  Now I have a challenge to transport this application to other BI platform and to get it to work. On the other BO -environment there are none BI tools besides CMC and BI-Launchpad. The transport with CMC Promotion Management is done and everything runs well without extension. If I start the ds application including extension, I get follow error:

Web Item with name “COM_SAP_SAMPLE_TIMER_TIMER” could not be found in current Web Application.

That’s because the extension doesn’t exist on the BI platform.

Do you have any idea, how can I handle it?

Kind regards

Natalia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

I’m assuming the extension is a jar file(?) that needs to be installed on the BOE server.   Since this would be a physical file, and not an infoobject that can be promoted to the infostore (CMS database), you will need to manually install the extension, plus restart the servers that use the extension.  There’s no way to automate the installation or promote the extension that I know of.  Once installed and the server is re-started, then the application should work.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

thank you for your feedback.

The extension is a physical jar file and not an infoobject.

How can I install this file manually on the BOE? Could you explain it to me?

I searched for the steps, how to install jar file on the system:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5026014_install-jar-file.html

But how can I install this on the BOE? Especially where?

Thanks and kind regards,

Natalia

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

What kind of extension is it?  A webi calculation extension, a webi UI extension, Lumira….???

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

that's BO design studio extension.

Natalia

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

According to the documentation, you access the extension by installing from Design Studio.  Obviously, you've already done this.  I’m not sure if its possible to manually deploy.  A design studio tech would need to answer that for us. Can you please post your query to the SCN Space?

Reference this discussion and I will keep my fingers crossed

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

At first I tried to post this query to the SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio SCN Space. But I get a Moderation Notification that I should post it here, because I don't use Design Studio.

I will edit this query and try to post it there again.  

Thank you for your commitment.

Natalia