cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension of WCB framework modules in WCEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have extended the  wec/frw/wcb/ui ,wec/frw/wcb/bo, wec/frw/wcb/md modules by following the extension guide. I followed the same procedure that i did for other modules and deployed. But it is not working.Its not throwing any error also after the deployment.

Can anybody suggest some solution?

Thanks

Yashaswini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashaswini,

What is the problem exactly? Can you please explain bit more.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemendra,

I've a requirement to add a button in applicationList.xhtml page which is in wec/frw/wcb/ui module.I've extended wec/frw/wcb/ui,wec/frw/wcb/bo,wec/frw/wcb/md module using web channel plugin.And added the custom test/frw/wcb/dpu dependency to custom wcb/j2ee module.

Deployment is successful.And I copied the applicationList.xhtml file into custom test/frw/wcb/ui project and added my custom code.But changes are not reflecting.Its picking the standard file itself.

As steffen suggested i've checked the log also while launching WCB application.But I dont find any errors.

Thanks

Yashaswini.

steffen_mueller3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashaswini,

it seems that you still use the standard WCB. Do you really use the cust wcb? Some dependencies miss? Please double-check if all your enhancements are done according to the description in the Dev&Ext guide. Without access to your NWDS, an analysis and proposal is pretty difficult....

Regards,

Steffen

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashaswini,

As already mnetioned by Steffen, please cross check your enhancement and make sure these changes are done as per Development And Extension Guide.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemendra/Steffen,

Yeah, I'm still checking on what went wrong.But I've extended other modules in same way which are working fine and yes WCB application which I'm using is Custom WCB.

Just one question..Any of you extended the same module wec/frw/wcb/ui and worked fine for you?If yes can you just give the steps how you have added the dependencies.

Thanks,

Yashaswini

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashaswini,

Not done the exact one as you mentioned but yes worked on this. Please check your XML file entries please. If it doesn't help then please debugg the code as it will give you the reason why old code is picked.

Thanks,

Hamendra

steffen_mueller3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashaswini,

now, I suppose that I understood your requirement!

Well, the WCB is used to build applications based on modules in sap and customer namespace. But it is not possible to configure the wcb application itself in wcb. But this is exactly what you want to do.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Yashaswini.

steffen_mueller3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashaswini,

what error is thrown during the deployment? Probably you missed something that is described in the Dev& Ext guide. The description is ok: I did like recommended there and a cust wcb started successfully. After having deployed the stuff without errors, please have a look at the default trace if there are still errors during the start of cust WCB.

Best regards,

Steffen