cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Duplication in Item Code Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am designing an FMS on sale order Item Code Field. When it will executed on first line it will show all the sale items but as it will be executed on 2nd line it will show sale items excluding the item which has been entered at first line and same scenario will occur at 3rd line means it shows Sale Items excluding Items entered on line 1 & 2 and same for other lines. So the user will not be able to enter a single item twice not even by mistake.

Please tell me what would be the FMS query for this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not possible by FMS. Formatted search cannot see other lines.

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Edy,

Is it possible to trigger stored procedure through FMS. If yes then kindly guide me how could i do and also tell that can i solve this issue with stored procedure.

Can i trigger my own stored procedure with FMS or I have to write it in Transaction Notification.

Regards,

M.Ahmad

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Executing a stored procedure will not solve your problem.

Stored procedure can only evaluate when your records is written in table.

In your case, when user enter an item code, it is not yet committed to database.

Thus your stored procedure will never know what items have been entered.

Your current requirement cannot be addressed by FMS.

You have 2 choices.

1. If you insists on validating live as when the user enter the items, you need an UI API addon.

2. If you can live with validating when the user click the add/update the document, you can use Transaction Notification.

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Edy,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have used Transaction Notification to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Muhammad Ahmad

Answers (0)