cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Viewer - Not retrieving stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My company is in the middle of migrating our servers from Windows Server 2000 to Windows Server 2008.

I am using a considerably old version of a Crystal Reports Viewer via a SQL Server 2008 R2 database. (Can't help it since our current database GUI is limited/outdated)

I am having a very weird issue. When I run the report via the viewer on my Windows 7 machine and my Windows Server 2000 virtual machine, the report, generated by a stored procedure, runs perfectly fine. However when I try to run the report via the viewer on Windows Server 2008, it returns an error "Table is not found."

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this issue?

I know its a Hail-Mary but I'm out of ideas.

Just an update...

When running the report via Crystal Reports 9 on all servers, the report executes flawlessly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Make sure your Windows 2008 server has the 32 bit SQL Server drivers installed.  Crystal is a 32 bit machine and cannot use the 64 bit drivers that usually get installed.

If the report is using ODBC, make sure you load the 32 bit version of the ODBC Administrator to check your ODBC datasources.

This document was just posted this morning.  How convenient. 

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30642

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I do not believe this is the issue since I am able to run reports that do not use stored procedures. My thinking is... a stored procedure should create a temporary table... correct? Maybe there is a setting in Windows Server 2008 that is preventing the temporary table from being created?

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

When you run the report through the viewer, is it logging into the database with the same account as Crystal reports? 

I don't think the issue would be with Windows 2008.  Seeing as reports with tables work fine, I'm wondering more about permissions on the SQL Server 2008 database.  Does the account have execute permissions? 

Is the viewer using the same database driver as Crystal Reports? 

What database driver are you using to connect to the database? 

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Yes, I am logged in to the same database.

The account does have execute permissions. Using the same environment and account, I am able to execute the Stored Procedure on both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000.

Not completely sure what you are referring to as database driver.

If anything I've cycled through ODBC drivers - SQL Server and SQL Native Client 7/10/11 on Windows Server 2008.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio

referencing:

...the report, generated by a stored procedure, runs perfectly fine. However when I try to run the report via the viewer on Windows Server 2008...

Define "viewer". Is it the CR designer viewer? .NET viewer? Java?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be honest I am not completely sure. I think its a slimmed down variant of CR9 simply because I see a CR9Deploy.reg that points to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Crystal Decisions\9.0\Crystal Reports]

"CommonFiles"="c:\\program files\\common files\\crystal decisions\\2.0\\bin"

Do you have any suggestions of where I can look to provide you with an answer?

Edit:

According to a colleague, it is runtime: crpe32.dll  

I get two errors in event viewer

1. Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. [CLIENT: 10.10.0.132]
  2. SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: 10.10.0.132]
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that is confusing because in your original post you say:

When running the report via Crystal Reports 9 on all servers, the report executes flawlessly.

So, how do we square that?

What development language was the app created in?

Right now, we're kind of stumbling in the dark because we have no idea what viewer you are using, what CR SDK, or what version of CR...

Is this a 3rd party app?

Can you paste in here the code used to run the report? I should be able to at least tell what SDK the app was written with.

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I have a databse GUI with Crystal Report viewer that is powered by a crpe32.dll - which I believe runs on the CR9 sdk.

I also have Crystal Reports 9 installed separately on the pc in question that will execute the stored procedure flawlessly. They both use the same ODBC connection, so I do not believe it is a permissions issue.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe I ever said this is a permissions issue(?)

Nevertheless, CR 9 is not supported on Win Server 2008, no matter what the SDK. For supported OS by CR version, see:

Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you didn't I just wanted to point it out.

So i ended up fixing my issue after a couple of hours on Stackoverflow...

Turns out Windows Server 2008, at some point, decided to reverse the driver locations for the 32bit vs the 64bit ODBC connections. I had to manually go into the registry and modify the ODBC driver for my 32 bit connection, to point to the 32 bit driver. I'll provide more details when I return to work on Monday. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

My 32 bit application refused to connect via a 64bit ODBC driver.

Edit:

I had to open up regedit - navigate to HKEY>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>ODBC>[ODBC Connection here]>Driver and change the driver from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sqlncli10.dll to C:\Windows\system32\SQLSRV32.dll.

Answers (0)