cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text width discrepancies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a desktop application client/server application which will render Crystal Reports along with a web application which interfaces with the server and renders the same reports.  I am seeing differences in the character widths which can cause differences in the reports depending on which medium it is rendered.  Included are screenshots of the same report rendered in Crystal Reports as a preview, one rendered within our

desktop application, and one rendered using the web interface.  The report is just basically static text to show the issue, note how the first line of numerals seems to get longer in each screenshot until in the web interface it actually wraps to a new line.  We are using the .Net Crystal Report Viewer component.

Print preview

Desktop application

Web interface

Any thoughts on ways to mitigate this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Do you have No Printer selected? If so then its USP10 and GDIPlus causing the differences.

If you have the report set to a specific printer then make sure that printer is installed on the WEB server and follow this MS KBA on how to share printers for all users:

//For printers exposed to System account as per MS Kbase

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;184291

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don, thanks for the quick response, the printer selection definitely has an effect on the text width when rendering, I think you got me on the right track.

Answers (0)