cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded the audit crystal reports and I believe I can directly use it. For some reasons the crystal reports is throwing error.

How can I view the sql for these audit reports and when I try to change the database in audit it is not working

Crystal reports-> crystal reports 2013

database for audit -> sql server 2012

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that you're on BO 4.1/CRS 2013, the audit reports that are available for download were written in Crystal for Enterprise against a .unx universe.  To change the connection you have to update the universe in the Information Design Tool.

If you're trying to use the audit reports from a BO 3.1/CRS2008 system, they won't work.  There were major changes to the audit database with the upgrade - ALL of the table names, etc. have changed.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

The version we are using is sap bi 4.1 sp5. I could see all audit reports were created in 2011 which is 4.0 version, Hope these reports work perfectly for 4.1

Also can you let me know how to view generated SQL for these reports.

And when I tried to change the database connection. Following error is appearing in report

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use Crystal for Enterprise to view the SQL - and you MUST have the audit universe published from the Information Design Tool (IDT) to your BO system.  Because they connect to a .UNX universe, you can't get to the SQL from Crystal 2013.  Another way to see how the tables link together would be to open the audit universe in the IDT and look at the Data Foundation to see how the tables are linked together.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I download and installed crystal enterprise and connected to CMS and changed the universe,

and mapped the source with report details.

I am not able to see the SQL generated for this query

Also when I refresh the query I am getting following error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion much appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you changed the universe, do you go to each of the tables and correct the table names?  The sample universe has many of them in the format <database>.dbo.<tablename>.  I usually fix this for my clients by taking out everything except the actual table name.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. I changed Table qualifier and table owner name for all the tables and exported.

Hope this is what you are referring to

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of the SQL Server driver are you using and what version of SQL Server are you connecting to?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sql serve 2012 and I am connecting it through same in IDT

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But which driver is your ODBC connection based on?  It needs to be the SQL Server Native Client 10 or 11, which must be on the BO server.

Also, after you edited the universe did you publish it back to BO?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dell . I published back to univ and the version we are using is native client 10.

I don't see native client 11 in the ODBC in server.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll have to download it from MSDN and install it.

-Dell

Answers (0)