Regards,

Tibin Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin,

The alerts will be written to JMS consumer queue, if you want to see the alerts in the queue you need to install HermesJMS tool, check below wiki for more details.

To check the queue exist:

(PI) How to find out which consumer queues exist on the Alert Engine - Technology Troubleshooting Gu...

To monitor the queue.

(PI) How to find out if there are alerts in the queue for a certain consumer - Technology Troublesho...

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

Thanks for your information.

As per the link you shared I found the below entry.

Is there any way to check the Alerts  without installing HermesJMS tool.

Because my intention as an initial step,I want to check internally whether the Alerts are getting triggered out from PI.

Later I will Try configuring Smtp Host details to trigger to external Mail Ids.

Can I get the Alerts  in Alert Inbox.?

When I access the Alert Inbox from RWB, I am facing the below error.Can you help me out in this.

I want to know is there  any prerequisites steps are  to Enable Alert Inbox and Display the alerts In Inbox.

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiben,

If you configure CBMA the alerts will not go to alert inbox, the alerts will write to JMS consumer which i told you before. Alert inbox only for classic alert frame work.

If you want to see any alerts available in the consumer queue you can use RetrieveSingleAlerts web service to retrieve the alerts. Check below blog for reference.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paveen,

Ok..Can you please explain the difference on classic alert and Component based alert ?

I just  went through certain blogs and discussions , But I could point out when we go one among this.Is it based on Stack of server or something like that.

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiben,

Check below discussion.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks ..I am following Competent Based Alerting and I processed a mapping error  through the scenario which I have added to the alert rule  I am getting the below log for the Alert Jobs which is running for every 3 minutes.Log is showing success.But I am not able to receive any mails on that and I am using the ALERT-TO-MAIL Consumer . Smtp host ,User ,Password,Port everything I have provided.Do u have  any idea why am not getting emails on alert?.

Do we need to do any Firewall setting or any Basis activities for getting mails or can we give simply  Java Mail Client details (smtp host ,port etc) and will PI take care by itself using the details

Return Code -1

Return Code 0

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Verify the smtp configuration details. Error message clearly indicates that it is unable to connect to SMTP server.

I believe your SMTP server is internal to your network so it should be an issue with firewall. However you can verify the same using telnet.

How to check an SMTP connection with a manual telnet session

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiben,

Is your system dual stack or single stack, if your system is dual stack and your interface is classic scenario (Receiver Determination, Interface Determination etc) then you need to configure integration engine to get the alerts, check below blog.

Also make sure you configured the parameters of XPI Service : AF Core.

1. alerting.target
  2. alerting.isActive

If you dont setup these parameters already, after setup the parameters you have to restart the system.

check below help link.

Configuring Component-Based Message Alerting - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - ...

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

My system is single stack ( As java)  and I already configured the parameters of XPI Service : AF Core.

1. alerting.target = 1
  2. alerting.isActive = true

The ICO  from  which  I am trying to throw error message in mapping  also assigned with alert rule.

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Actually I configured the SMTP server which is in my internal network with the client  PI server which is another network  and thus it is not identifying the SMTP server.

Now I configured the SMTP server in Internal network with the PI server in the same internal network and it worked fine.

Thanks,

Tibin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your valuable information's.

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

Answers (0)