cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security that enables "Schedule" button for DCP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently testing DCP on BI4.1, in CMC we have set permission access on Desktop Intelligence Application to "View on Demand".  Using this permission setting, we can open Deski Client and import/refresh Deski report from BI4.  However the issue we have is that the "schedule" icon is disabled and cannot be selected.

When the permission access is changed to "Full Control", the "schedule" button is enabled.

I wanted to know if anyone knows which precise subset of Deski rights that will enable or disable the "schedule" button in Deski Client.

None of the rights selection have schedule in the description, so not exactly sure which one enables it.

Thanks

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been testing each one of the rights and I finally discovered which rights I have to be enabled for the "schedule" button to display.

It is "Manage my corporate categories"

I don't exactly know why there is a dependency between this rights and the schedule button, but enabling this allows "schedule" button to be selectable.

Anyone know why there is a dependency there?

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

In order for the schedule button to be enabled you should use at least schedule level access control,

View on demand will not enable schedule feature. Hence you are  seeing that schedule button being not enabled.

Thanks

Chitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in (CMC -> Access Levels) the "Schedule to Destinations" is already set to granted.

What is strange is that the "schedule" button is ONLY enabled when I set (CMC -> Application) to Full Control.

When it is VOD then the "schedule" button is disabled.

Which is why I am asking what rights in (CMC -> Application) controls this button

Vincent

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign below right for the access level.

Content - Desktop Intelligence - Send documents to mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attached the rights image below.

"Scheudle" rights is not available in the security setup in Application > Desktop Intelligence

This is why this is so confusing, as normally when setting up permissions from "Access Level" the scheduling option is easily displayed.

But Deski Application, it is not so clearly marked.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to go to access levels section (CMC- >Access Levels). Open the access level you assigned to the group. Select 'Included rights' and select 'Add/Remove rights'. Assign the below right.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should see right called in general section 'schedule to destinations'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

This is for Desktop Intelligence in CMC Application.  There is no rights called "schedule to destinations'

The only General rights available are

Edit the object

Log on to Desktop Intelligence and view this object in the CMC

Modify the rights users have to this object

Securely modify rights users have to objects

Thanks

Vincent

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to modify the access levels to give schedule rights, so it applies to all types of reports. That is the reason, schedule rights are in 'General' section.

Once you apply the schedule rights, you should be able to schedule deski reports.