Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS year End closing

former_member308318
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

other than investment projects (PS & IM)  ,we also have R&D projects which are purely expenses and we don't have any IM program for expenses.We directly Budjet in CJ30.

can anybody advise me the sequence for R&D projects year end closing when we don't use IM for budgeting ?

I belive the following :

carry fwd the commitments

carry fwd the budget

settle all the expenses to old period before opening a new period.( credit P&L & debit Cost centers )

please advise the sequence for expense projects.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member308318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a  situation in Year end closing.

Is it possible to change the name of the investment program? Our current program in XXXX2015 and when I try to open a New Apporval year the program name remains same. It doesn’t make any sense now that if we are in F16 for call the investment program XXXX2015.

Or do we have to switch to a new investment program?(Note: We have budget to be carry FWD to a new Pgm)

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

It is better to create new investment program ( For example XXXX2016 ). You can use the same structure as existing investment program.

Please check Fiscal Year change topic for more details in below link

Fiscal Year Change - Investment Management (IM) - SAP Library

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find out detail about the year end activity:

mainly you have to carry forward commitment and allocated budget.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes only the below activities are year end activity.

carry fwd the commitments

carry fwd the budget

& settle all the expenses to old period before opening a new period. that will come under periodic settlement and month end activity. so accordingly cost center would be DR before settlement, and after settlement it would be CR & settlement receiver object would be DR.

Regards,
Sanjeev

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

in SAP-PS , as you mentioned is right

Following activities are year end activities of PROJECT SYSTEM.

1. CJCO – Budget carry forward (Note: Before budget carry forward, the existing financial year should be closed.)
  2. CJCF - To carry forward commitments of the projects.(This will carry far ward all PRs POs of the project.)

Regards,

pardhu

former_member308318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a  situation in Year end closing.

Is it possible to change the name of the investment program? Our current program in XXXX2015 and when I try to open a New Apporval year the program name remains same. It doesn’t make any sense now that if we are in F16 for call the investment program XXXX2015.

Or do we have to switch to a new investment program?(Note: We have budget to be carry FWD to a new Pgm)

Please advise.