cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Comparison tagging as update but not updated on the target.

0 Kudos

What we are doing is

1. Joining four tables (since we need to do self join we have used same table twice so total 3 tables)

2. QT1 (Query Transformation 1) - Pulling out three columns from the output using query transformation.

3. QT1 - For one of the columns mapping, I have used rpad((COL1 || COL2 || 'TXT'), 30, ' ').

4. QT1 - For some reason rpad here on QT1 is not working.

5. So if I am keying XXXYYY121 I am expecting "XXXYYY121                     " as output but this is not happening.

6. So I have to use another QT2 for doing this logic

7. On QT1 simply I mapped the col this way - COL1 || COL2 || 'TXT'

8. On QT2 I am rpadding the column, rpad(COL, 30, ' ') . This works and it gave the expected output.

9. Now I am feeding this value to a table comparison. I am comparing two columns based on a primay key.

Value of that PK is "XXXYYY121                     " .

10. When I run the job in debug mode, I can see record tagged as update from TC.

11. I have mapping operation whose option is Update as Update.

12. I can see record still tagged as Update from the Mapoperation. But on the target table, column value is still same and its not getting updated. Not sure why.

Did anyone faced the same scenario where TC and MO tagged the record as update but not updating the record on the target table.

ManyThanks,

Srinivas Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jones_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you guys find solution for this ? It's happening in my environment . any workaround ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

on table comparison which method you are choosing?

I mean 'Row-by-Row' select or cached compare?

Please let me know. I can solve the issue.,

0 Kudos

Hey, Sorry for the late response. This issue isn't solved yet. We are living with a workaround.  #swapnil - Its a 'Row by Row select'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you solve this problem?  We are having a problem that is similar, but not exactly the same.

We're not using a table comparison, we're flagging the rows manually as updates and inserts, but it's still inserting everything.

Did you by any chance do a Support Pack upgrade recently?  Our process worked in the past, but we discovered this issue happening recently and when we traced it back to try and see when it started, it was around the time we updated to 1.4.2 SP 4, so we're trying to figure out if something happened in that Support Pack that caused this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a solution, but I did want to let you know that our issue turned out to not be related to the update/insert flagging.   Ours was caused by a bug with corrupted global variables.

I hope you find a solution!