cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMT - Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I am using 4.x (Win -OS - Target)  upgrade management tool to migrate from 3.x (Win-OS- Source) as an incremental upgrade.

I have CMS, Input FRS, Output FRS and Report Application running on both the source and target and rest all the services(server) for BO are stopped.

I was on Committing objects stage about 50% and my source system SIA restarted and now all the services(servers) are restarted on the source system. My process to Committing objects was still running on the target. Do i have start over the complete process or it should get completed without any issues? I am concerned, as the SIA and all the services on BO source system were restarted. Is it going to impact my migration, will there be any data loss due to this?  Please share your inputs and experience with this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you do a reposcan on the source and destination environment once.

Just do a scan and check if there are any mismatches between the FRS and CMS repositories.

You can use following KBA to know about Reposcan: 1689163

Please use xsearch to view the KBA

-Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pooja - My upgrade completed without any error. Do i still need have to do a repo scan? Is there a way i can check the file size of the directory i have migrated in both the systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggested the Reposcan as we are unsure if the migration happened properly as the SIA restarted

I understand that the migration was successful without errors.

But scanning  the system for inconsistencies with the tool wont cause any harm

Other thing is you can check the UMT logs in the logging folder to check for any errors in the logs

and also the event viewer logs to find the reason why SIA restarted

-Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pooja. UMT logs are good as stated before there were no errors reported. Do you know how can we check the folder size?

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to those excellent suggestions, please consider to use "Live To BIAR" then, "BIAR To Live" to avoid any interruption during the "Live To Live" transaction. Regards, Jin-Chong