cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want shift to CR 2013 version

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using VS2008 CR runtime for my production server, and uses VS2008/11.5 for designing reports.

Now I want to move to CR runtime 13.0  for my server for export and printing related issues.

I want to know that is there any licenses cost for this ? And if I continue to use CR 11.5 or VS2008 for designing report

is there any issue with CR 2013 runtime. My application is web based, I also wants to have a feature like "Print  Preview".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're going to continue to use VS2008, you'll need to keep the SDK version that you're using.  The SAP Crystal for Visual Studio SDK will only work with VS 2010 or newer.  You will have to update your application to reference the new versions of the assemblies and there are some differences in what you'll reference - some of the assemblies no longer exist and have been replaced by merging the code into other existing assemblies.  You cannot just replace the runtime and expect your existing application to work!

Your existing reports will work with the updated SDK and you would use the newer version of VS for editing/updating reports.  CR 11.5 reports will work with the new SDK, but this version of Crystal has been out of support for several years.

-Dell

0 Kudos

And to add to Dell's info you can get the exe to integrate into VS 2010, 2012 or 2013 from this page:

You can use the runtime in VS 2008 it just won't integrate into the VS IDE, will not be able to edit reports. Framework must be 2.0 to 3.5 full.

Not supported but will work mostly, if you run into any issues you'll have to upgrade VS and test again though.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Don/Dell, Thanks for your reply,

One more question i want to ask, As my application is web based and i deploy this on my customer's servers. Do my customer required to Purchase License for CR 2013 Runtime or not. For CR 10.5 / CR2008 version for VS,  we / customer do not require to buy license.

Please clearify this point.

Regards,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Yes. A deployment to 3rd parties will require additional licensing. Please contact sales for more info. PH: 866-681-3435 or 1-800-677-7271

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter