cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI,BO,BW

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am a HCM Functional Consultant with 8 years of Exp, seeking better prospects on SAP BI BW or BO which ever is suitable without changing the stream from Functional to technical.

I would like to know whether i need to have knowledge of ABAP, Java or WEB Dynpro etc.

Thanks in advance.

C.Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cheenepalli,

Mostly BW projects are technical as you would require to have knowledge on the concepts of objects being used. However, various functional knowledge is always an advantage. You will gradually increase your knowledge on little ABAP which is required in BW. Java or WEB Dynro not required.

BO is more about reporting and less backend, you can choose if you want to take BW or BO.

tnecnivo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Assuming you have done your homework on the basic of BW and BO, I will cut the introduction and go straight to the point.

For BW, ABAP is not a must, but it's really useful if you know it as there's a lot of data transformation needed abap, start and end routine etc.

In certain project, you might even need to do expert routine or BAdI.

As for BO, it require a bit of scripting, other than that, excel formula knowledge helps a lot if you are doing dashboards. The rest is more of a drag and drop etc.