cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inbox - /IWPGW/TaskProcessing (v2) - TaskCollection is Blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I need your help in getting to bottom of this and finding the root cause. I am facing challenges in loading tasks in My Inbox app. My aim is to show all workitems from the SAP Inbox.

I have 10 workitems in my SAP inbox (SBWP). I can see them as part of my PO and PR approval apps, but they don't show up in My Inbox App. What am I missing?

LaunchPad -

Service Configuration -

System Aliases -

Scenario Definition -

Service Document -

TaskDefinitionCollection Set -

Scenario Collection -

But TaskCollection is Blank -

What did I do wrong? Please help!

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the solution -

Root Cause - Apparently Enable Task Filter was active in ECC and Gateway, which was eliminating workitems from the TaskList. I am not sure how it was active, but as per the help guide, by default it is supposed to be inactive.

I realized this problem when I was debugging the class and came across the subroutine "filter_item_by_config"

/IWWRK/CL_TGW_GEN_INBOX->GET_INBOX

Line 182 -

*     Filter the items accoding to the requested task type and filter configuration
       filter_item_by_config( EXPORTING iv_task          = lv_task_id
                                        iv_wf_id         = lv_workflow_id
                                        iv_wf_step_id    = lv_step_id
                              IMPORTING ev_item_deleted  = lv_item_deleted
                                        ev_return_code   = lv_return_code ).

which contains subroutine /iwwrk/cl_wf_step_config >> check_in_filter

* Check if WF step is in new IMG configuration.
   SELECT SINGLE *
   INTO   ls_wf_step
   FROM   /iwwrk/c_wfstep
   WHERE  workflow_id = iv_wf_id
     AND  step_id     = iv_wf_step_id.

IF sy-subrc EQ 0.
     rv_in_filter = abap_true.
     RETURN.
   ENDIF.

This was eliminating each workitems from the TaskList. It got me thinking something is related to Task Filter is acting smart, spent a few more hours on going through help document and came across this -

Workflow Settings - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

I deactivated Task Filter and it solved the problem.

Hope this helps everyone.

@Tejas, Barin, Sahir, Prashanth - Thank you for your valuable time and expert knowledge.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Good to hear, but by deactivating the filter, you won't be able to use the scenario specific tile feature of my inbox (). And by default, your Fiori inbox will act like sap inbox.

For using scenario specific tile, you would generally configure task decisions and scenario definition, but the configuration won't work, if you deactivate the filter, so by default again, all items would appear.

So try out the scenario specific tile feature as well, and share the learnings.

Also please close the discussion

Regards,

Tejas

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please confirm whether all the mandatory notes where installed in backend and gateway system as per this note :

2106212 - Release Information Note for SAP Fiori My Inbox

There are 20-30 notes to be installed on  SP04 pack. May be you can confirm this activity and try again activating the task filter.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

1) Notes - Yes, I reviewed and implemented all SAP Notes for My Inbox in Back-end and Front-end.

2) Task Filter - Yes, you are right. I do not intend to keep it that way. I will activate it back and define scenarios to take advantage of this functionality. My intention was only to find the root cause and at least I know what was going wrong.

However, I still have one open question. I don't understand why I don't see any PO/PR related information, also it shows Requestor as Workflow System.

Thanks a lot!

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, its correct only, you will get the details only which is present in your "Task description" of the workflow template.

Goto PFTC enter task name.

Or

Goto SBWP: check if workitem has any task description

Or

Goto SWDD: Give your workflow template and select the step and see the task description.

Generally po/pr calls the me29n/me54n from your business workplace.

Ideally from application, you should click on "Open tasks". You would find new browser with the sap screen for relaese of po or pr.(currently not compatible in mobile)

Regards

Tejas

I only get the custom workitems

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or you can go for app to app navigation(acailable in my inbox) which would open your fiori approve po/pr application with all the required details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

App to App Navigation is what I am looking for. It is not working for me presently.

Is there an additional configuration required?

Thanks,

Rohan

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi rohan

do you mean you want to launch SAPui screen on open task when you say app navigation.

Can you please simplify the functional requirement so that we can help.

if you are looking at launching the task then we can do this for sure.

please advise.

thanks

barin

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

The Info tab (which you have marked in the attached picture) can contain Description if it is available and Custom Attributes if they are available. To check whether Description is available just follow the steps mentioned by Tejas. If you want to see the Custom Attributes, you need to implement BADI for custom attributes. This help document tells how to do it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp07/helpdata/en/71/f817f34cbc4384bfd1c38084c11e2b/content.htm

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barin,

As Tejas mentioned, I am looking for App - to - App navigation. i.e. My Inbox -> PO Approval App ; My Inbox -> PR Approval app.

Thanks,

Rohan

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

what is the challenge in achieving it please. sorry but i am not clear on what is the issue that you are facing?

You mean you need to get approval specific details in the task then you can use existing badis.

i.e. for getting leave details we have used Badi implementation HRMSS_Leave_Approval

Badi definition - /iwwrk/badi_wf_before_upd_ib

You can define filter values based on tasks and get the workflow container elements from task itself.

please advise if above answers your query.

thanks

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan, So your requirement is, If you click on the list which is a PO, you want to see the view which you see in PO Fiori App in My Inbox detail view(may be whole detail screen or a tab which shows PO details), right?.

Extending whole of the Detail screen is currently not possible with any standard mechanisms as for as I know. If your requirement is adding a tab or using an existing tab to show PO related information, then you have to extend the My Inbox application. It might require you to provide extended service and using Fiori UI extension points. Please check My Inbox extension guide on what all you can achieve.

You might also develop a BSP Application to show PO details using SAPUI5 technologies and configure it as Task Execution UI in SWFVISU. This UI will open when you click on "Open Task" button in My Inbox. Please note "Open Task" button is visible only in Desktop.

Regards, Prashanth

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

In order to get more insights to your new issue(Rather requirement). It would be good if you open a new discussion and close the current one marking correct/helpful answers, as your issue with Task collection as Zero is solved.

Further this blog : Solves your issue  :

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehan, have you actually achieved that? Could you please share your findings ? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

I gathered the app to app navigation is not possible at this moment. At best, My Inbox application can show 'Task Description' of different work-items / tasks from the SAP Inbox, but it does not posses that intelligence yet to change the layout to display 'Approve PO' or 'Approve Req' Fiori apps.

In my humble opinion, My Inbox app is awesome for custom developed workflow and the actions can be captured through BADI (custom attributes). I would rather use a dedicated Fiori app for PO or PR approval.

Hope this helps.

Rohan

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

According to the following guide:

Workflow Settings - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

The Task Filter is supposed to be turned off by default. I also had to disable it on the back-end system for Work Items to start showing up My Inbox.

If you read the guides carefully you will see that:

1) It is mandatory to be used when dealing with push notifications

2) When enabled, the TASKPROCESSING (v2) will retrieve only the items that you maintain task names and decisions (which will limit to DECISION WI types). In this case, if you have an activity task, the OData service will not retrieve any items unless you either disable the task filter altogether or configure it properly to support the task types.

If you still want to keep using the Task Filter, then you should enable it by default and configure it according to this guide:

--> Session 4.4 contains the information on how to maintain the task IDs for the task filter and the two reports you need to schedule periodically in order to populate the FULL and DELTA tables that TASKPROCESSING will consider while retrieving the WI for users.

Hope this helps!

Ivan

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this information, I ran into this issue when I copied a standard one step Release WF to a custom one to add deadline monitoring, and my workitems never showed up until I maintain entries in table /IWWRK/C_WFSTEP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Experts,

Even I am not able to see any data in the My Inbox application.

All the necessary components are installed and upgraded.

However when i checked with the function module /IWWRK/WF_TGW_QUERY_TASKS, it is not returning any workitems but my inbox has around 10 items.

Also in the tile configuration i replaced my dynamic content url with

" /sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;v=2;mo/TaskCollection/$count " but count is still zero.

However when i checked the odata call in the network tab it was showing as " 10 " in the respone.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi rohan

you are not getting any error on screen hence next action is to check the log.

can you please provide snipshot of the logs from gateway.

Also please check if you have all required authorization assigned. I recommend SAP All as an immediate check and then we can identify if it has anything to do with authorization if sap all works.

thanks

barin

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is some problem with my launchpad admin.

Well I guess there is some issue with the status of the workitem : Go to FLP admin page. Select myinbox tile configuration.

Change the URL to : /sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;v=2;mo/TaskCollection/$count

ie. Remove the filter conditions. This will show your entire workitems present in the inbox.

But this will only show you the count in the tile as "10" (your workitem count)

Now figure out the same logic somewhere else as well. As my admin access has some issue.

Thanks

Tejas

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should also check for upgrading your UI component to SP05 and IWPGW to SP07.

Corrections might be included in the latest support packs.

Regards,
Tejas

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi tejas

let's go step by step.

1. Can you please confirm the details of your SAP destination that is "FIORI_ECC_PGW". Please confirm the connection test and authorization of the user defined is suffcient.

2. Please confirm if you are using external gateway or internal gateway please.

thanks

barin

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barin

Rohan's issue.. 🙂

Reg

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Barin and Tejas for helping.

1) NetWeaver Gateway is central (HUB). IW_PGW and UI Components are fairly latest. Upgrading them further is not an option right now. Installation components are -

2) SAP System Alias -

FIORI_ECC_PGW seems to be working fine. FIORI_ECC and FIORI_ECC_PGW both share the same RFC destination and they both connect well.

3) TaskCollection/$count - still resulting in 'zero'

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In class /IWPGW/WF_TGW_QUERY_TASKS_D debug method EXECUTE.

Check :

1. If the function module /IWWRK/WF_TGW_QUERY_TASKS is returning valid results.

2. Also if the destination passed in CALL FUNCTION mv_rfc_name is correct.

I had faced a similar issue and the problem was with the user configured for the RFC destination.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahir.

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Please check whether everything is configured correctly in the Gateway.

1. Use Gateway client (/iwfnd/gw_client).

2. Fire GET request:

/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;mo;v=2/TaskCollection?sap-client=<<client>>&$skip=0&$top=1000&$orderby=CreatedOn desc&$filter=((Status eq 'READY' or Status eq 'RESERVED' or Status eq 'IN_PROGRESS' or Status eq 'EXECUTED'))&$inlinecount=allpages

This is the query that gets fired from My Inbox when All Items tile is clicked. (Please note sap-client parameter)

If the Gateway Client responds with data, then there should be a problem with the configuration of Tile. Please post if there is any error during the GET request. If the request returns no data, then there is some problem with Gateway configuration for My Inbox.

Regards,

Prashanth

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Please provide the roles for the userid with which you login.

I believe you have not assigned the role with role template :

Task Gateway

/IWPGW/RT_WF_USR

SAP NetWeaver Gateway Task Gateway User

Regards,

Tejas

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

In tile configuration make sure you have added : allItems=true

Also check for this note :

2151346My Inbox upgrade to version 1.5.17

There are some fixes done.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I have implemented the note. Also the tile configuration is below -

But still no luck -

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan

Scenario definition step is not required for all items usecase.

Please delete the entry and re-run

In help.sap it clearly says that this step is for scenario specific tile.

Defining the Workflow Scenario

Define your workflow scenario by completing the following steps in your Gateway system: add a scenario, assign the consumer type, assign roles, and define tasks

Note

This section is only relevant if you want to define and use a scenario-specific tile. You do not need to perform the steps below for the All Items tile.

Regards

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Unfortunately that did not work either. I still don't see any workitems in TaskCollection. There are no SU53/Error Logs too.

Thanks,

Rohan

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the support pack level of IWPGW component ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.