cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And if the SCN communities were like the Game of Thrones houses

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I certainly would not choose any, would be on night watch and you my friends?

Valar Dohaeris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Night Watch...

Nobody loves us, nobody is interested in the the hours we work. The only certainty in our lives is that when the bottom falls out of the universe, it's going to be our fault.

Sounds like the bad old days of on premise BASIS support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bad old days? You speak as if they went away?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Winter is coming.

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i know what you mean; I was thinking of inviting a client's project manager to a red wedding yesterday. Their BASIS team raised a priority 1 call ( I.E. 24x7 support over a dedicated conference call till the problem is solved) at 5:30 on a Friday night

It was for a problem with the STACK file for a development upgrade. It was a P1 to the customer because "someone" had decided that it, the QA system and the Prod system would be completed (and live) by the following weekend.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Billy Idol's voice... "It's a nice day for a.... Red Wedding..."

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Winter is coming even here in Brazil, begins on 6/20, but is not that cold, colder temperatures are in the south and still is in the range 3-0 degrees. In Rio de Janeiro (City I live on weekends) is in the range of 15 to 20 degrees KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting, Your Grace!

Winter is coming and coffer corner is surely gonna help

I'll give White Walkers to OP's who never close their threads and hence, not wanted.

Everyone knows they are out there, but no body knows how and when they will come.

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with you, the OP's look like the White Walkers. To this day I do not understand why they do it (create account and leave in limbo) and even naming it go funny, as type "abap fighter" or "ABAP WARRIOR" I saw the other day in the ABAP space.

Valar morgulis,

Raphael Pacheco.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valar Dohaeris!

I have seen even better. We also do have warriors in our forum.

Waiting for the honour to get someone with with SAP Lannister. The one who always closes his posts

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KKKKKKKK good point.

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmmm.....what would we be then, the BW/BO/HANA folks? 'Wildlings' maybe. Not very prospective.

Similarities that I can think of:

Pre-HANA

- We were always kept out of the wall (with our own BW systems) even though we are 'people' too

- We were constantly in logger heads with the BASIS people(men of the Night Watch) with transport      failures and memory issues

- We ourselves were divided into different clans of BW and BO with BO further split into WebI, Crystal,   explorer and so on

HANA

- Now we can travel both sides of the wall with the merging of analytics and transactional systems

- We are united into one BI clan

- Even the Night Watch cut us a little slack with security and basis tasks since HANA is relatively new   and they need a little help from us with setting up security, transports etc

- And we are still not considered completely 'people'

Not entirely convincing but the Wildlings seem to be the closest match for us

former_member186277
Participant
0 Kudos

All of these analogies make me wonder which house we Global Moderators align with? 

House of Tarley (Sam), as we rid White Walkers (Spammers)?

House of Targaryean, since Aegon was responsible for unifying the realm?

The possibilities are endless!

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see the global moderators as high priest or people from high garden

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I definitely don't think the Global Moderators are White Walkers .  We all know (especially based on 's recent post

that the real White Walkers are those who resurrect the dead (posts).

I don't think Global Moderators are House of Targaryean, since they did, after all, have that whole Mad King thing going on too...

I think of the moderators as the poor peasants who work and do all the drudgery, and in the end they just get skewered one way or another.    But you get to choose whether you live in steamy Kings Landing or Winterfell.

Actually, no.  Winterfell is here in Boston.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, though remember House of Targaryen had the Mad King, as Sue points out, and... ahem... that odd marriage tradition.

former_member186277
Participant
0 Kudos

Ha- so true. The odd marriage situation is still baffling.

former_member186277
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing Jelena's post- touche!

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And all this time I thought Global Moderators are from House Of Black & White

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But what about us ABAPers, what is our house ... Let's see, thinking they are the largest number among the communities (correct me if I'm wrong, because there are so many that I have no idea). We're very helpful, rich mass of content and everything (or almost) runs around us, oh my god, we are the Lannisters?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lannisters, helpful? Well, Tyrion's helpful. Even Jaime, eventually, later on, I suppose... but mostly, it seems like they're all out for themselves, even against members of their own family, and, oh, speaking of family relationships....

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thinking about the family you're right Matt, the Lannisters are very strange kkkkkkkkkk.

And the question is redone, who will be the Lannisters in SCN ?! kkkkk

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAPpers seem like the Starks: they played a major role historically, they have the biggest land area, and just when everybody thought they're down and out, their latest edition is probably going to change everything while the half-brother is left in the frigid Snow, if you get my drift.

7.4 = Sansa

pre-7.x = Ned

HANA = dunno, LittleFinger?

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting placement kkkkkk

One question, Why Sansa is 7.4? (Curious here)

BR,

Raphael Pacheco.

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

She's the best chance the Starks have of reclaiming their lost power (and maybe more), she's a fairly recent addition to the Game, she's heavily influenced by the current master of the game (Littlefinger/HANA) though she retains her Stark roots - and she hasn't yet shown the world the full extent of her powers, many of which are probably still in rapid evolution. Substitute Stark with the ABAP family and it kinda sorta works I guess.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dead-on analysis.

former_member186277
Participant
0 Kudos

Love this analogy!!!! So true!!!

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amazing analysis Suhas. Makes me wonder if you think of work while watching GoT or think of GoT at work

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes ABAPERs are the Lanisters..who are present everywhere but everyone is ready to crush them

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unsullied Probably!

Dedicated, talented, never say NO, much needed yet forgotten

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valar morgulis.

Based on Jon Snow's attempts to be a good dinner guest (Seth Brings Jon Snow to a Dinner Party - Late Night with Seth Meyers - YouTube), not to mention following the action in the story, it seems fair to say the Night's Watch has a pretty rough life, on the pointy end of the action. Hmm, perhaps a bit like Career Center?

The Business Trends space is always trying to influence things more or less indirectly.... a bit like Highgarden?

Over at NetWeaver Administrator, everything is earnest and busy and distracted, doing a lot but not really getting to the point...  which tracks with Daenerys Targaryen getting mired down in Meereen, trying to do good but just pissing everyone off, when she should be crossing the Narrow Sea.

So... which space is the Lannisters?

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I laughed a lot of this video, thanks for sharing Matt

Yeah, who will be the Lannisters?