SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBA6 transaction (F-47) can generate entries in the ledger 9I ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know if a document generated via FBA6 transaction (F-47) can generate entries in the ledger 9I (Commitment Budget)?

There is no PO or an asset or a CO order related to the document.

We started with the FM-BCS this month and only the ledger 9H is being updated with the values of the FBA6 documents.

Thank you very much for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will mainly depend on your update profile settings for value type 58. Normally downpayment requests are considered as actuals and therefore relevant for Payment budget, not commitment budget.
But some update profiles use value type 58 for both, payment and commitment budget.
Most probably value type 58 does not update commitment budget on your update profile.

does this clarify your question?

regards,
Mar

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What would you post through F-47. that accounting entry line items suits to budget AVC Check?

If you post vendor advance through F-47 without reference to PO/Asset/Co,  would not generate any document in Ledget 9I, since budget is not committed.

Probable accounting entry would be

Vendors A/c (Special GL) Dr to Bank Outgoing account.

Thanks & Regards

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will mainly depend on your update profile settings for value type 58. Normally downpayment requests are considered as actuals and therefore relevant for Payment budget, not commitment budget.
But some update profiles use value type 58 for both, payment and commitment budget.
Most probably value type 58 does not update commitment budget on your update profile.

does this clarify your question?

regards,
Mar

0 Kudos

Hello Mar.

Thank you for your answer. Yes, your explanation explains very well my doubts and that is exactly what we need, update the commitment and payment budget.

You can help me locate exactly which configuration screen I set the value type 58 ??

Thank you very much.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,
For help, you can use report RFFMMONI: it shows the update profile settings associated to your FM Area and how each value type is recorded in FM (Payment budget? commitment budget? period-based/annual-based? and so on...).
In transaction OF39, you can customize which update date you want to use. See the IMG documentation under 'Actual and Commitment Update/Integration->General Settings->Override Update Profile'
But the ledgers used for updating (payment or commitment budget) are delivered by SAP on each update profile, so any change is considered as a modification.

So, if value type 58 does not update commitment budget by default, AVC ledger 9I won't be used. But still in BCS you can define custom AVC ledgers considering value type 58, or others.

The question is, if you really need downpayment requests using commitment budget, then the best recommendation is to check the update profile chosen and see if it really fits the requirement, or if another profile amongst the standard ones is valid for your scenario, then assign the most suitable one to your FM area.

(note: as long as you are in development/test, you can play around with the update profiles and change the assignment to your FM Area, run RFFMMONI and see how it works. But changing the update profile - FM area assignment in a live system is considered as a project...)

cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar.

Thank you for your answer. It was very useful.

Analyzing the available update profile, we decided to analyze the use of profile 000359 and the menu option "Define Filter Settings for Commitment / Actual Values" to remove the values that we do not want in ledger 9I and 9H.

Thank you very much.

Augusto.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Augusto for your feedback
Just make all necessary tests to make sure this profile meets your needs.
cheers

Mar