Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is the scope for MBA graduates in SAP MM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i m an mba graduate in marketing. i would like to do a course in sap. which module has more scope for mba (marketing) graduate? how is the scope in material management as i m interested in MM module as i m also a mechanical engineer.

6 REPLIES 6

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Before deciding on SAP as a career, ask yourself a question, as to why you want to be in SAP Consulting?

With your background, you should probably look for a career in Commercial procurrement or industrial marketing team of some manufacturing company. This i believe will give you some insights into how inventory and procurement management works.

Once you have some domain exp, I think you can think of making a career in consulting and also see a reality check if you are really interested thereafter.

Thanks & regards

Sanil Bhandari

Sanil Bhandari

0 Kudos

Hi Sujeeth,

I am glad to know you are thinking about SAP Career as an MBA & Mechanical Engg. Graduate.

Well.

I undersand about MBA Marketing that has relation about Material Management and bit of Logistics modules however hope you had some kind of subjects in your mechanical engg that is related to the Material Management.

You have the following topics in the Material Management so subject wise you can definately check if you are aligned with this. I am sure to extent your answer is yes considering your marketing background.

• Purchasing
  • Inventory Management
  • Logistics Invoice Verification
  • Physical Inventory
  • Valuation
  • Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
  • Service Entry Sheet
  • Service Master
  • Foreign Trade/Customs
  • Excise Duty
  • Material Master
  • Product Catalog

Dont hesitate to come back to me in case you have any other questions.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

0 Kudos

hi

subhasish,

pls respond mo one is responding to my query......

This is sudhakar. I have a confusion on (SAP TM) like how was the demand for this module in market & how will be the career in this field. please any one can explain on this (SAP TM).

how will be the growth...................(SAP TM).?????

As i am currently working in shipping line company is this experience will add advantage if i do this course(SAP TM) are i have to learn  some other functional modules like MM, SD, PP etc.. Please explain.

your earliest reply will be appreciated.....

Thanks!

Regarsds,

sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Before I answer your question please clarify if sujeeth sowdri & you are same person as names looks different. The first question was raised by Sujeeth and after my answer to him I can see a question popping up from you so  If you both are not same person then I would request you to raise your question seperately & I will clarify and answer your question.

Thank you very much.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

subhasish

we both are different, pls answer my query. as no know one responding that' why i am asking

regards,

sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

• First: Sujeeth is initiator of this thread with his question and people are answering his questions so let this thread be continued with answer to his question.

In case you want to get an answer of your question raise a different thread and dont mix up.

In that way its easier for all to follow whats going on.

• Second: You have to understand the fact that there is no compulsion for anybody in this forum to answer respective question. However offcourse we want to help this community members and someone will take it up to answer.

• Third: There can be many reason why you are not getting answer of your question like not many people are expertise or having exposed to TM Module, multiple users question is getting mixed up here etc.

So raise a different thread with your question as that will be good for follow up and I will respond you.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish