cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now's your chance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call for sessions at TechEd.  Last year we had three PowerBuilder sessions.

www.sapteched.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt;

FWIW: I would wait and see what Sr VP at SAP Dirk Boessmann has to say first about the Future of PowerBuilder at his presentation to the PB Community next Friday morning.

Friday May 8, 2015 | NCPBUG

Just my $0.02.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good point Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris -

Is there a chance we can attend this conference thro' some sort of WebEx or a screen share?

Or would this be posted in a forum post the meeting as a recorded session?

Thanks,

Krishna

MarSen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

is there an Webcast / Audiostream  available to attend "remote" to the News from Mr. Boessmann?

I hoped for something at PowerbuilderTV but i did not find a possibility to attend a "Livestream" of his speech...

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco;

Not that I am aware of. However, I'm sitting right in front of Mr Boessmann now and will let you guys know the highlights of what he says shortly.

Regards ... Chris

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"No news are good news"... again?

MarSen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Lucky One 😉

Well i / we waited since December 2013 (?) for a new Roadmap, i can wait another hour
or two…

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys;

BIG NEWS ... SAP will be transfering control of PowerBuilder to APPEON!!!!!!

YeeeeeeHaaaaaw!   

I will blog more details soon!

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this good news? why?

I like their ability to make a classic application web enabled , but they charge per user per year. It's like having a partner.

Do you think the whole menu system in Powerbuilder will get more up to date  soon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip;

I think that Appeon CEO Armeen Mazda will need to first digest the SAP contract and get import feedback from the PB community first.

You can give Appeon feedback as of today at ... http://www.appeon.com/future

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many have probably seen this already, but if you have not, Bruce Armstrong posted what appears to be the full Q and A of the press conference.  THANK YOU Bruce!!!

Moving Forward with SAP PowerBuilder | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishina;

We were requested by Dirk & the PB Conference not to record this session for legal reasons. What Dirk told us was within the bounds of the signed memorandum of understanding between the two companies. The official contract has yet to be signed.

I see another attendee posted his interpretation of the Q&A session. That should not have been reported on IMHO and was in bad taste of the guidelines we were given. It was also unfair to Armeen & Dirk as well as they are still under negotiations & discovery phase between the two organizations - and even each other.

The PB Community needs to be patient for just a short while longer until the contract is signed & Armeen's engineers get a chance to assimilate the PB compiler code. I'm sure a lot more definitive information (not speculation) will then come forth.

What we can take away with us at this jucture is that SAP is putting Appeon in the drivers seat on PB very soon. So make sure you get your ideas into Armeen at http://www.Appeon.com/Future ASAP.

My $0.02

Regards ... Chris

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 I see another attendee posted his interpretation of the Q&A session. That should not have been reported on IMHO and was in bad taste of the guidelines we were given. It was also unfair to Armeen & Dirk as well as they are still under negotiations & discovery phase between the two organizations - and even each other.

Really?  I cleared it with Armeen both before and after the event.  He approved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

lol

I thought that would get your attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought it was Dirks session & presentation not Armeen's. Did Dirk clear that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I remember Dirk Boessmann said in the session that we are free to quote and block and communicate - but no recordings.

After the session I clearified that.  So "other attendee" did well! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris

WTF!? Suddenly you're Mr high and mighty.... give it a rest!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludwin;

I believe that Dirk wanted us to communicate what was said in his presentation. I think echoing the type of questions that were asked would be in good taste. Trying to reflect answers that  could not be detailed at this time because of being so early in the legal / discovery process it not real reporting IMHO.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and polite. Most of the answers I heard were, let's see when the contract is in place & we get more information to make a decision.

Both Dirk & Armeen need some breathing room now to assess the situation. Again, the best thing for the PB Community now is to convey to Armeen & Dirk your concerns & wishes for the next PB release under Appeon. That is THE MESSAGE we should be sending out to the community at this time ... IMHO.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct Ludwin.  No recordings unless we wanted a 'sanitized' version of the announcement.

Both Armeen and Christophe emphasized this point to me prior to the start of the session.

Blogging/tweeting/status updates during the event was encouraged.