Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While exceuting Function Module in Eclipse, Error occurs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP and ABAP in Eclipse.

We are now moving towards Eclipse from SAP GUI.

I am facing one problem while executing function module in Eclipse.

The following error occurs.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you need to provide a little more details, especially versions and software components.

Does that /sap/bw/modeling/discovery exists and is activated in SICF? If so, do you have authorization (S_ADT_RES) for that resource?

10 REPLIES 10

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you need to provide a little more details, especially versions and software components.

Does that /sap/bw/modeling/discovery exists and is activated in SICF? If so, do you have authorization (S_ADT_RES) for that resource?

0 Kudos

Hi

SAP Netweaver Version : SAP EHP3 for 7.0 SP 12

SAP ECC Version : EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP 12

Eclipse Version :Luna Service Release 1 (4.4.1)

I am not only getting this error while executing FM, but also  when I tried opening a package in Eclipse I got the same error. I am attaching the error log file. Please check it.

Thanks in advance.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems that the BW tools creates the issue.

We will have a look on it. Normally they should not be involved when working with normal ABAP projects. I have until now no glue why the BW tools are triggered in your case.

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to add that this type of error only comes once when I try to execute FM or Open a package, but once I close Eclipse and reopen again and then try these things, again error comes. After closing the error it works properly i.e. FM executes properly and package also opens properly.

Regards,

Hemika

0 Kudos

Hi,

does your Eclipse installation includes also the BW Modeling Tools?

In this case, please ensure that you are using a ABAP project and not a BW project. Both will be showed in the Project Explorer and looks with focus on the icon pretty identical apart from the additional blue decorator used for a ABAP project.

Based on the given error message it looks to me, that a BW project tries to access the corresponding resource on a 7.31. Due to the fact that the BW Modeling Tools requires at least 7.40 SP5 this results into an error.

Could you please check if there is a BW project defined in your Project Explorer in Eclipse?

Best regards,

Steffen

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have added ABAP Project only.

I think I have not properly installed all plug-ins for ABAP in Eclipse.

Can you give me details of all plug-ins and softwares needed while using Eclipse for ABAP.

Below are my version details for eclipse, SAP Netweaver and SAP ECC.

SAP Netweaver : SAP 7.3  SP12

SAP ECC : EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP12

Eclipse : Luna service Release 1(4.4.1)

Please check and reply me what all things I need to work in eclipse for ABAP..

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi,

the required ABAP in Eclipse features depends strongly on your needs. I personally select for an installation the following features:

• ABAP Connectivity and Integration Development Tools
  • ABAP Code Development Tools
  • ABAP Development Tools for SAP HANA
  • ABAP Development Tools for Web Dynpro

If it's ok for you to use the SAP Eclipse features under the license terms of "Developer Edition", you can use the SAP Updatesite: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/. This way all dependent features will be installed automatically.

Beside the feature installation, I would like to get an understanding where this problem message comes from. Could you please check, if the BW Modeling Tools are installed as well?

Please open the menu entry Help -> About Eclipse (or About SAP HANA Studio) and in the appearing dialog press the "Installation Details" button.

In case of installed BW Modeling Tools you will find the following entries:

Best regards,
Steffen

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in Eclipse, I am getting only three software installed, 'BW Query Designer' is not displayed in my system. But I want to ask you that we are not using any BW software then why is this type of message coming. I am just opening a package or executing a package.

Do I need to install the 'BW Query Designer' to get rid of this type of message?

Regards,

Hemika.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried to reproduce the problem, but I didn't got the error message by using the BW Modeling Tools 1.7. It's not required to install the "Query Designer" feature.

In case you don't need the BW Modeling Tools (which will not work on versions before 7.40 SP5), I suggest to uninstall the BW Modeling Tools from your Eclipse.

For this step please open the menu entry Help -> About Eclipse and press the "Installation Details" button. In the appearing dialog mark all BW related features and click on "Uninstall".

After a restart of Eclipse (or SAP HANA Studio), the error message shouldn't occure anymore.

Best regards,
Steffen

0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I uninstalled BW Modeling Tools and now I am not getting that error.

Thank u.

Regards,

Hemika.