Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need exits for Purchase Order change (After DB commit)

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some custom coding to be done immediately after the Purchase Order create/change.

Here requirement is my custom coding should be in a exit which runs once the purchase order data gets stored in standard SAP Tables.

I have used the method IF_EX_ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST~CLOSE of the BADI Definition ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST.

this method works fine during the Purchase Order creation time, but it is not getting triggered during the PO change process.

other methods of this BADI gets called before the PO data gets stored in DB so no use for me.

please suggest.

Regards,

Jagesh

3 REPLIES 3

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagesh,

please check fm EXIT_SAPMM06E_013 from SAP-SMOD-Enhancement MM06E005. You need an active custom CMOD project for that.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your reply, was on leave so couldn't reply in last week.

I tried using the same function exit as you mentioned but this one also gets triggered before the PO data gets stored in DB. I have to write the custom logic after the PO data gets updated in DB.

for achieving this I have used the approach as:

created the implementation for the BADI Definition ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, and implemented the method POST of the implementing class. this method also gets triggered when user clicks on SAVE button during the PO create and change.

within this method, I have called my FM (this contains all the custom code) with UPDATE TASK addition, this UPDATE FM I have declared with V2 priority. this ensures my custom coding is going to be executed immediately after the updating the PO data in standard SAP Tables.

experts, please let me know is this approach is OK?

please suggest.

Regards,

Jagesh

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

any suggestion on this please.

Regards,

Jagesh