cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data manager package log does not show Global variables!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using BPC 10 sp14 Microsoft version with SQL Server 2008 R2. We are seeing an issue where datamanager package log does not show the Global variables defined in package script whereas in BPC 7.5 Global variable were visible in package log.

Please let us know is this behavior changed in BPC 10?

Below is the package script having Global variables and Package log not showing any of them.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Package Script:

Package Log:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit,

So what you are expecting is you can see the Global variables value is displayed in the log, right? Is this only log display issue or the Global variables doesn't work at all.

I am not sure if you can see Global variables value is displayed in MS 7.5 log

Best regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for looking into this. Its only log display issue as global varibles are working and this display issue is not only for Global variables, package log is not even showing the system variables e.g.       %USER%, %MODEL% etc.

In 7.5 package log use to show Global variables defined in package script and system variables.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit, I think that would be the design. I mean behavior change

So you are expecting to display the global variables and system variables  because you set debug to ON right?

Have you click "DebugLogic_XXXX.log" and see if you can see the variables display?

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, As Debug is set to On so I am expecting Global variables and System variables to display in package log.

DebugLogic file does not diaplay global variables, it only displays the values for the setting done for parameters of Execute Formula task.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen this issue in BPC 10 microsoft version where Global variables and System variables are not getting displayed in package log when Debug is set to ON in package script.

Please update.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I did a test in house. I think this is a design.

Best regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charlie..

So that means we can't see in package log the value passed to %SELECTION% variable of SELECTINPUT Prompt command. This is shame that we don't have this feature in BPC 10.

There should be some option because if we need to create some script based on value passed in %SELECTION% variable of SELECTINPUT Prompt command then how we will do that.

I will raise this to SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

As you mentioned, it's just log display issue. The global variable is still working. Why you said you cannot create some script logic based on value passed in %SELECTION%. I mean even thought in the log, the variable is not displayed, but you should know what the value of "SELECTION% is.

Regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

Suppose in SELECTINPUT Prompt command we are having four dimensions and selection result is getting stored in variable %SELECTION%, now there is a requirement that we need to write a script where we need to split the %SELECTION% variable and need to store the dimension selection in different variables. so In this case to write the script we should know the format of value in %SELECTION% variable so that we can use MID/INSTR functions to get the selection value for dimensions in different variable.

Thanks,

Rohit