Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 EvDRE and EPM Functions

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

All –

Working on converting our 7.5 templates to version 10 and I'm having an issue with saving data consistently to the system.

One of my templates has 4 sheets in it and on one of those sheets, I have an EvDRE function to send a data grid to the system.  I also have the EPMSaveData and EPMSaveComment functions on the sheet so that I can send certain flags to the system (thus confirming a user has completed this process correctly).

What I am seeing is that when I call the API "SaveandRefreshWorkbook” via a VBA macro, the data within the EvDRE range and the EPMSaveComment is sent to the system however the data being sent via EPMSaveData is not sending...at least not consistently.  It would send on the first attempt but on the second attempt, it won't send however on a third attempt, the data is sent.

I am at a loss as to why the EPMSaveData fields are not consistently sending to the system yet the EvDRE and EPMSaveComment functions are working with no issues.

Does anyone know if there are issues sending a worksheet within a workbook that has the EvDRE, EPMSaveData, and EPMSaveComment functions all present on a sheet in version 10 for Microsoft?

Please advise.

Other Information:

+ Office 2010

+ BPC v10 on Microsoft platform

+ EPM Server version: 10.0 SP16

+ EPM Add-in version: 10.0 SP21 .NET 3.5; Build: 9094

Thanks,

Carlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlo,

Is EPMSaveData in the same worksheet as EvDre and EPMSaveComment?

Also, I also suggest you use latest EPM Add-in, SP21 Patch1 to do a test.

Best regards,

Charlie

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Charlie -

Correct - all three functions are resident within the same worksheet.

I went to the Support site and saw that SP21 patch 2 is actually available.  So, I will download that patch to see if that resolves my issue.

Thanks,

Carlo

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Charlie -

I downloaded and installed the EPM patch to my computer (I am now on SP21; patch 2) and I am still seeing the same behavior.  The data within the EvDRE range is being sent to the system however the EPMSaveData and EPMSaveComment fields are not sending.

Thanks,
Carlo

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Can you create a new report and just type EPMSaveData and EPMSaveComment and see if it's working or not?

Best regards,

Charlie

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Charlie -

I created a new input report and keyed in the 2 formulas and keyed in some test data and hit the 'Save Data' button and everything appears to be working.

Thanks,

Carlo

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlo,

it seems there are some issue with the report it self. Can you create a new EPMSaveData in that report and see this newly created EPMSaveData is working or note. Be noted, just create a very simple one with some static value as the parameter of EPMSaveData. Don't use cell reference.

Charlie

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Charlie -

I created a new EPMSaveData formula within my original file and keyed in the actual dimension members in the formula (vs. using cell references) and I am getting the same result.  The data will load on attempt 1 but not on attempt 2 but it will work again on attempt 3.

Carlo

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlo,

I am running out of idea. It's really strange.

Charlie