cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please assist I am on a Windows 7 64 bit machine I have VS 2010 and have been fighting with this new program that I was brought on to help with - Issue is that I am unable to get rid of this issue. There is so many solutions but none have worked. If someone can give me some help with what has worked for you.

The error is Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This is with CR installed on 64 bit.

Thank you very much for any assistance with this problem,

Kris

Message was edited by: Don Williams

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

What Runtime are you using and did you install using the EXE to integrate into VS? If not you must, don't just runtime the redist package on your DEV PC.

Try Searching first, lot's of posts on this issue.

Likely you compiled using AnyCPU and installed either the 64 bit runtime for a 32 bit app or the opposite. Set your app to x86 and install the 32 bit runtime on your app server. Or compile in 64 bit mode and install the 64 bit runtime. If it's a WEB app set the AppPool for X86 or not also...

Don

PS - edited the subject, seems SCN had problems with it.

Answers (0)