Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is learning SAP Hana and searching for a job in tri-state area(NJ,NY,PA..) easy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i had earlier stated in one of the threads.. ( )  ; i am now thinking of learning and doing SAP HANA certification. But i see that there are different Associate Level certifications i.e.  SAP HANA Application Associate , Support Associate , Technology Associate . Can anyone suggest me , which one of these type of Associate Certification is much more demand in the tri-state area and also that can be self - learned as per my skills and interest as mentioned below :

1. Used to work on SAP ABAP and SD,MM from 2008-2013

2. Had a break for 6-8 mnths , meanwhile was learning Java

3. Hava working experience in Java for almost a year.

4. Am more interested to learn and work on the Functional and Analysis side.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated as i want to go back to SAP Space from java.

Thanks,

Anu

SAP Certified Application Associate

SAP Certified Application Associate

8 REPLIES 8

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

First double check your own heart. If you really have the passion, then go back to SAP and do what ever you want to do. You will definitely succeed. However if your motivation is primarily influenced by other than (your love for subject), then the question is how far and how long you will be able to stay before those thoughts come back and push you to switch to something else. The key is where your heart is. Only you can help yourself.Good luck.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

HI Sam,

yes, I understand about the "passion " ..but , had some confusions regarding the different type of Associate level Hana certification. And when we have some constraint about the job location , we also have to think about the demand of that technology in that area . so irrespective of our passion, we might have to choose between Java ( Hadoop ) or Sap ( Hana) .

thanks,

anu

0 Kudos

Tri-state area is the heart of most things in this world. So with hana knowdlege, one shouldn't get worried about getting employed.Go for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam .

Do you have any idea about   different Associate level certifications ..which one would be better as per my background .

0 Kudos

Since you are interested on the functional side, please read this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP can give you the Sanity, and weekends opposed to Java where you continuously have to be on alert because of a failure or broken code.

Pros and Cons excel sheet can lead to a better guidance to choose.

And SAM is always right by the way

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Please read this link. Thanks.

How to close a discussion and why

how  to close  SDN Thread

Regards,

Sam