cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS 4.0 and slow data refreshing time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,. I have two different Repositores with different datastores. I have upgraded BO Platform from BO 4.0 to BO 4.1 SP5. Main job from Repository no1  refresh on the same time like before upgrading BO. Main job from Repository no2 refresh about 5 hours longer...it is not acceptable. I use BODS 4.0 (I will upgrade in short future to 4.2)...with two different job configuration (on the same BODS server of course). First for Repositoryno1 and second for Repository no2.. I do not know what caused the problem. Do you know what could I verify?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konard,

Regarding your query below information required to debug the issue:

• Hardware configuration of new server where your SAP Business Objects 4.1 application is installed is same as Old environment (SAP Business Objects 4.0 application)
  • If it was firewall enabled in server then necessary firewall ports with respect to SAP Business Objects Application needs to be open.
  • Login duration in SAP Business Objects 4.1 application is same as old environment (SAP Business Objects 4.0 application), you can use BODS client tool to compare the login duration.
  • Create a sample job and test the job duration in both the environment.

Need to know the issue is from Job level or Application level (SAP Business Objects Data Services) you can use BODS client tool trace functionality to trace this issue.

1893979 - SAPData Services 4.x: How to enable tracing for Designer application?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1893979

Hope this will help!!!!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I'm still waiting for some information from other department...Probably something was installed last week so probably it caused this issue (not BO upgrade as I thought).

Answers (0)