cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP management console - Disp + work exe error - Dispatcher stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i'm facing a hard stop dispatcher and work process error. I face this error file starting ECC IDES. I tried surfing SCN for this issue and there are a lot of threads for this issue.

I'm an HCM consultant and honestly it is very difficult to interpret this BASIS listener and environment parameter troubleshooting. I'm attaching error log - Dispatcher trace.txt. It would be a great help if someone could suggest a path forward.

Thanks

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please provide work process 0 trace dev_w0

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yves,

Thanks for your response. I'm attaching trace dev_w0.  Please let me know if I need to send any other file / information.

Please suggest if there is any possible way to avoid fresh installation and troubleshoot current installation.

Regards

Vivek

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The error in the dev_w0 trace file indicates the following.

The error only indicates that the DB is shutting down.

bsloci.c    10704]

B  ***LOG BV3=> severe db error 1033      ; work process is stopped [dbsh#2 @ 1199] [dbsh    1199 ]

B  ***LOG BY2=> sql error 1033   performing CON [dblink#3 @ 431] [dblink  0431 ]

B  ***LOG BY0=> ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress [dblink#3 @ 431] [dblink  0431 ]

M  ***LOG R19=> ThInit, db_connect ( DB-Connect 000256) [thxxhead.c   1403]

M  in_ThErrHandle: 1

Also the dev_disp error indicates possible dns entry error but this is also sometimes just an error that is not always correct.

Sun May 03 02:23:01 2015

*** WARNING => DpNetCheck: NiAddrToHost(1.0.0.0) took 4 seconds

***LOG GZZ=> 1 possible network problems detected - check tracefile and adjust the DNS settings [dpxxtool2.c  5233]

MtxInit: 30000 0 0

What you need to to and confirm is the following.

1. Was there any changes to the sap system recently or is it perhaps a newly installed system?

2. You need to give more information for from the database related logs.

If you were able to logon to database sqlplus "/as sysdba" you could use the following command to determine dump location.

show parameter background.

Then go to location of parameter background_dump_dest in the location of this file usually something similar to /oracle/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/SID/SID/trace for linux or in your case d:/

Please check in this directory for the database alert_SID.log for more detailed errors and paste here when you have the opportunity. Also you would be more suited to move this post the the space SAP on Oracle, it is currently posted under SAP Netweaver Application Server.

Kind Regards,

Johan

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Workprocess are not able to connect to the DB and thus shut themselves down.

This note will help 655240 - Composite SAP note: ORA-01033

Make sure than the Oracle listener is started :  lsnrctl start

Make sure than the DB is started, try to start it using sqlplus

sqlplus /nolog

connect as sysdba

startup

and try to restart SAP instance.

Watch out, Your system is using an unsupported kernel, you should migrate ASAP to 720 kernel.

Best regards

1629598 - SAP Kernel 720 will replace older kernel versions

The SAP kernel versions 700, 701, 710 and 711 will run out of maintenance by August 31st, 2012. These kernel versions will be replaced by the SAP kernel 720, which is fully downward-compatible. You can continue using your current kernel after that date, but if an issue occurs with your current kernel, a fix will only be provided for the SAP kernel 720.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Nicholaas,

thanks for your response !

1. No changes were made in SAP system. But while ECC was starting up, my laptop had an abrupt improper shutdown.

2. Let me try to figure out if I can get database logs.

I appreciate your help Nicholaas

Thanks

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

Thanks for your response !!  I'm trying to figure out how to restart my oracle database. While trying to start ECC as I always do , I suddenly had an improper shutdown on my laptop.

This is an IDES system installed on Windows 2003 on my personal laptop.

Yves, could you please help me to figure out how to restart oracle database. Being an HCM consultant, I'm even below novice level in Basis. I did try to surf SCN / Google with no luck.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Vivek

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to startsap with command.

startsap ECC

If you want to start DB directly.

Command to start oracle listener: lsnrctl start

Command to logon: sqlplus "/as sysdba"

startup mount

What do you get when you try startsap ECC?

Kind Regards,

Johan

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viveck

At first make sur that the SAP and Oracle services are running.

Open a command prompt (windows key + R) and type services.msc

Check that the here under services are running (if they exists), if not start them

• SAP<SID>_00
  • SAP<SID>_01
  • OracleService<SID>
  • Oracle<SID>11203TNSListener

Then try to manually start the database

sqlplus /nolog

connect as sysdba

startup

and then start SAP MMC to start the SAP instance

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johan and Yves,

I really appreciate your help in resolving the issue. I was able to proceed and start ECC successfulyl. I went through below mentioned steps.

1. sqlplus was not allowing me to login with sysdba. I was facing adapter error.

2. I recreated the password file using orapwd file='pwdfile' password='password'

3. then logged into sqlplus - sys/password@db_name as sysdba

3.1 startup mount

4. logged onto idle instance. - faced ORA:600

5. went back to alert trace file. Database was in archive log mode

6. recovered database

7. alter database open

8. shutdown

Thanks

Vivek

Answers (0)