Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2008 sp3 32/64 bits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

VS2010  CR 2008 SP3  on Windows12 Standard 64 bits

I wrote a c# app to prepare a CR report and export it to PDF. As many requests can come together - I can run many instances of this app. The app uses the DLL - not the Crystal options from within VisualStudio. Data is from MSSQL (using OLEDB) and IBM AS400 ISeries (using ODBC)

In XP - all works OK. Preparing the report and exporting it to PDF takes between 3.5 to 5 seconds

The client wants to move to WindowsServer 2012 on a virtual machine

The test show:

when my app (same app as XP) is compiled for 64 bits - the connection to the CR DLL is almost as fast as on XP (0.4 second) - but I cannot connect to the database because the ISeries ODBC can work only on a 32 bits platform

when my app (same app as XP) is compiled for 32 bits - the connection to the CR DLL is VERY slow (50 secs...)- but I cant connect to the ISeries database

My client and I are quite frustated..  Do you have any suggestion?   Have a nice day   Gil Yoktan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gill

My initial step would be to clean up the environment, then see how things work and troubleshoot if needed.

1) Cr 2008 is now on Service Pack 7, normally you'd want to keep up to the SP releases (but see 2 below).

2) CR 2008 is not supported with VS 2010.

3) For VS 2010 and later you must use 'SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET", which you can download from here:

Thus please see if the correct environment will resolve the issue.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

I have a similar setup but my DB2 database is on a solaris server and not AS400.  Our applications are running on Windows 2012 terminal servers. 

We've been using the 64 bit iSeries drivers for about a year now.  We are currently running 10.5.3 version of iSeries.  Is there a reason you can't install the 64 bit drivers on your Windows 2012 server? 

Brian