Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP better choice for newbies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i am a fresher who recently joined in a well reputed MNC as a Tester, but i am more interested in development domain. i just want to switch to ABAP. Please guide me whether ABAP is gud for freshers those who r good at programming and technical background? And now a days i keep hearing that in forth coming days ABAP is becoming obsolete. Is it true?? Please guide me.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member190545
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Its so very common question but not easy to reply in terms of Yes on No.

First thing is ABAP is not going to get obsolete. Being Techno by qualification/interest/profile You have a wide range of options, From SAP Testing to ABAP in Eclipse to HANA. Please spend some more time on reading Blogs in same forum "Career Center", You will get your own area of interest specifically.

Warm Regards,

NS

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Considering your interest and background, SAP ABAP is definately good option.

ABAP is not going to go away, its just with the advent of simple finance & HANA coming into the picture, the number of databases will become central instead of multiple and work might gets shifted towards other direction and not just databases. Reporting will become more easy considering the fact that you will get multiple fields data from the same table or database for example: no sperate header or line item tables for FI, CO, SD, MM etc.

So I would say try to learn Hana or BI and HR-ABAP, in these cases also there will be developer work. So development is not going to go away.

Get back to me in case you needs any other clarification.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish