Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAREER AND DEMAND IN TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT (SAP TM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is sudhakar. I have a confusion on (SAP TM) like how was the demand for this module in market & how will be the career in this field. please any one can explain on this (SAP TM).

how will be the growth...................(SAP TM).?????

As i am currently working in shipping line company is this experience will add advantage if i do this course(SAP TM) are i have to learn  some other functional modules like MM, SD, PP etc.. Please explain.

your earliest reply will be appreciated.....

Thanks!

Regarsds,

sudhakar

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) to Career Center as Discussion is not a technical question.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please respond for my mail.

Regards,

Sudhakar Challa

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls respond any one

sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Transportation Management is a standalone product designed to help companies run more efficient material logistics operations.  In other words, get their products moved as cheaply as quickly as possible.  There is plenty of growth left in the product marketing, so from a career standpoint, you will find lots of work.  However, much of the time, you will need to have some background or minimal understanding of how SD (Sales & Distribution) works or have some logistics industry experience.  Not always required, but the understanding of trains, planes, ships, and trucks limitations and capabilities is very helpful.

I would read more about logistics services independent of SAP TM to get some idea of how the industry works.  I would also suggest that you spend some time looking over the MKS series of documents in the SAP TM SCN community.  You can use the link above which takes you to the SAP Transportation Management Overview page.  Or you can use google search with SAP TM, SCN, and MKS as the search terms.  There is a lot of good and educational content listed for that result set.

The Getting Started link at the top right of each SCN page has quite of bit of good information on how to get the most from your SCN experience, so please spend some time there so you can better interact with SCN.

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response on my query.

But i am missing some clarity that i asked in  my query about SAP(TM) career .

Currently i am working in Shipping Line company. where my job role is to arrange vessels from one port to another port globally. like we can simply say IMPORT & EXPORT.

So, please kindly tell me if i do SAP(TM) course how it is useful to my career growth in this SAP field.

your immediate response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sudhakar

0 Kudos

I have both taken and helped teach this course years back.  It was a very useful course to rapidly develop skills in the use of TM.  I am no longer working in the TM field, but still receive a lot of consulting requests from head hunters based on my experience and skills in that area.  I think it would be very useful to your career growth in your present role.

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG