cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No enough Dialog resource due to SLT jobs

0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have installed separate dedicated SLT server and configured to replicate tables real time . But we are  facing performance issues and keeps on getting alerts  NO enough dialog resources on source system .As per stad or st03n report on source system  its happening because of the RFC LT user given in RFC .  Here is the configuration on SLT server No of Transfer Job is 2, Load jobs 2 and calculation job is 2 .  How do we resolve this .

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Offshore,

I have 2 dedicated SLTs.

To resolve your problem, ask your basis to add at least 6 dialog processes in the respective source system.

As both - source and destination - need to comminucate with each other, you need the respective amount of jobs in both systems.

About performance: I had a similar issue - it got better when I decreased the jobs after all tables had been loaded initially in the following way:

Transfer jobs: 2

Initial load jobs:1

Calculation jobs: 1

let me know wether that helped you....

regards

Greg

0 Kudos

Thanks Greg For your  Reply ,

We have 40+ dialog work process configured on the App server .  I can confirm there were huge number of RFC calls from SLT nearly by 47000 for one hr and this has caused the issue. Do we know why many RFC calls happening from SLT server ?

Thanks,

Om

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

I was checking with my basis how many RFC calls we have in one hour.

It's about 111K RFC calls.

So, I'd say that 47K calls is not really a lot....

Why there are so many: because the systems goes and checks for each table and for each trigger wether there is a change in the source table.

I think this is a normal behavior for an SLT system....

regards

Greg

0 Kudos

Thanks Greg for the Info .

Then the event of alert triggered due to load on the system which might be other sources . We will find out exact cause of the issue .

Thanks,

Om

Answers (0)