cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hijri Calender support in SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does Business One support Islamic calendar (Hijra).

Islamic month have 28 or 29 days in a month & twelve months in an year.

Regards,

Bupesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iftikharabbasi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bupesh

I'm not sure about the payroll but if it's picking the data from financial posting system. The method I'm going to suggest should work out.

Create the Georgian Calendar (English Calendar) as normal, visit each of the posting periods e.g. if it's 12 (monthly) and manually change the name of the period e.g. Rajab and the posting date of that period from 01-Jan-2015 to e.g. 12-Jan-2015 to 11-Feb-2015, since SAP Business doesn't allow overlapping periods you may start the exercise from the last period to first period that would be more practicable, at the end you'll have still 12 periods in hand but with different posting dates from and to that matches your requirement.

I agree that as Hijri Calendar isn't fixed you might need to change the dates again for the next periods, but this is the solution which I think should work out. For the next hijri calendar as you create a new posting period you need to repeat the same exercise again.

I hope this resolve your issue and this is of help to you.

Regards

Iftikhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bupesh

Georgian calendar (English Calendar)  is only available in SAP,B'One

Regards

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bupesh,

SAP B1 has only English calendar , you can change the formats of dates as per requirment but not the calendar.

Regards,

Manish

iftikharabbasi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bupesh

What you would like to achieve by using the Hijra calendar. Do you want to make posting periods according to islamic months and than achieve the related functionality of posting period, if so you could achieve this manually in my opinion by creating the usual monthly 12 months periods and than manually giving them names and dates accordingly.

I hope this helps, kindly don't hesitate to let me know if you require any further information on this.

Regards

Iftikhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to run payroll as per Hijri calender & also pull financial posting & statistical reports from SAP B1 based on Hijri calender.

Hijri calendar clearly differs from Georgian calender i believe , hence if for for Ex in Hijri calender December of a particular year ends by ( 30th , then the same day  in Georgian calender will be 30th , but instead of starting by Jan 1st date( as per Hijri Calender) , the very next day in Georgian calender would be Dec 31st in SAP B1 .Hence i don't know the procedure to close the posting period based on Hijri calender.

Please clarify

Regards,

Bupesh