cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice in implementation different kind of kpis in ssm

0 Kudos

We build first SSM  scorecards and have 20 KPIS for implementation.

We have requirement from our client  to see KPI's according to organization  units -hierarchy:

Company->region->sub region. WE have 2 kind of KPI's:

1. KPIs financial that have organizational  hierarchy : there is  relations  between company and region and sub region - region = sum of sub region for examplE

2.  Kpis that doesn't have  organizational hierarchy  :    

There is other formulas for computing target and actual of company,region, sub region.For example,"Depreciation of water" is computing for company according to one formula and for region another.Actual and target is fill for company and regions separately by the users.

We need to show all of kpis according to organization hierarchy at ssm.

We have 2 problem to implement it:

1 .To load it by the Bica. For first kind of kpis i can build hierarchy and load it to ssm. But for second kind of kpis i cant put it to same hierarchy. On the other hands,Bica works with hierarchy  better and for each characteristics it prefer to use hierarchy.How it possible to load it by bica without hierarchy ?

2.How to implement it in ssm ?How to join 2 kinds of kpis by the one organization structure(hierarchy) in ssm?

I'm very glad to get any ideas and help in implementation this .

Best regards,

Benyamin orit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PAS (and SSM) support each measure having its own dimensionality.

SALES_NUMBERS might be by Product and Store

STAFF_SALARY might be by Store

UNIT_PRICE might be by product

All three can exist in a single database, We could then calculate SALE_VALUE by multiplying UNIT_PRICE and SALES_NUMBERS.

I can't comment on importing from BICA however

0 Kudos

THank you for your answer.i have another question:how can i join kpis with different dementionality

under one context?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. If you are trying to "join" two KPIs, then there is always the option of joining them via the Cubebuilder. You can create two KPIs in cubebuilder, then the third KPI can be a virtual KPI that can join the two together.  This is common when you have a KPI for Revenue and one for FTE's. The virtual KPI may be Revenue / FTE which is a virtual KPI that uses two existing KPIs in the calculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just read your question again...Joining 2 KPIs with different dimensionality....That does not sound like it can work. IT can only work when there are common dimension members...To me it would not make any sense in joining 2 KPIs that don't have the same dimensionality.

0 Kudos

THank you for you answers.I intend how it possible to join kpis under one context in ssm.

i Found that it possible to filter context by several dimentions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

THank you very much.

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Orit,

A Context can contain any of the KPIs that are available in the Library. The only impact of the dimensionality is that if you have filters applied then they will take effect on that KPI. You can use more than one dimension as the filter for the Context and if that KPI has dimensions that are not referenced in the filter then there will be no impact. As Cliff says KPIs can have completely different dimensions in the same context.

What you will need to be aware of is that if you have 2 metrics being combined to create a KPI as a virtual metric, the dimensions will need to align as otherwise PAS will be trying to combine things that don't fit together. In this instance you may need to create relevant members within the dimension so that they can combine even if these are in effect 'dummy' members.

And even if you have created your PAS model via BICA you can still extend that model manually if you need to.

You can't use BICA and Cube Builder in the same model. Both BICA and Cube Builder require that the original creation of the model was through their interface so that is mutually exclusive!

Regards

Colin Cooper