cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in SAP functional consultant in consulting firm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am interested to become sap functional consultant (ecc) in consulting firm. I had only one year experience in sap business one as business analyst in user end firm. Now I have choice of two companies - first company is Singaporean user end firm as sap (ecc) system analyst (FICO & SD) and second company is small consulting firm as sap business one consultant.

I think that first company will give me sap (ecc) experience but it is more technical like Abaper. Most of work is enhancement such as user exit according to user request [support end user]. My question is that this position will give me opportunity to become sap functional consultant (ecc)?

Second company is real functional job. Task will be get requirement from user & configure but it is sap business one. I think that this position will not give me experience for sap (ecc) functional. I am right?

Thanks

Regards

Eni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ani,

I think the first option will be a better one, that can give you an exposure to SAP ECC.

You will be able to understand the whole process flows, reports etc.. Having access to the sap system will help you to learn more about the module that you are interested in. if you have access rights, then you could learn configurations too. It will be very advantageous if you do a course on the desired module, as a part time along with your job.

I feel, in-order to get a hands on of SAP ECC, the first one will be the better choice.

Regards

Jobi

Answers (0)