SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL preparation from SAP for Banking Services without using SAP BA-AFI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing SAP for Banking Services(SAP BS) for one of our client. Now the question here is that they want to see financial impact of the transactions being carried out in SAP BS in SAP FI general ledger but do not want to invest in SAP BA-AFI.

Is there any alternative to SAP BA-AFI for GL preparation and posting SAP FI.

I know that there is no straight answer to this, but will appreciate if someone can help me.

Prasant Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

oliver_wiebracht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

technically you can still use the former GL interface that does not need AFI. To enable the interface in the IMG and in the user menu, see SAP note 1312823.

However, the interface does not fullfill all requirements for Loans your client might have, that is why the SAP target architecture recommends to use AFI. You will need to do a fit-gap analysis for that.

Best regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply. I am currently exploring the note provided by you. But I wanted to ask whether this note can work for SAP BS 8.0.

Regards,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

in the header of the SAP note is a hyperlink for the validity. This note is valid for FSAPPL 300 (corresponds to Banking Services 7.0) and the following releases.

Best regards,

Oliver