Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Creating/Editing an Method in custom Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Friends,

A method been created and activated inside a Custom class (se24). Now, the problem is in editing that Method. I'm trying to write code inside Method..Endmethod..but the screen is not in editable mode !!

As it is custom class, i don't have any clue, please suggest and I don't feel using 'insert line area' is the right option for this ?

Regards,

Suren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

Check if it is a Static method of Super class.

Regards,

Shivajiraju.

8 REPLIES 8

POV8FE
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

only possibility I can imaging:

- is this a method of a parent class ? then you should get a message and you have to redefine.

- authorization issue ? check with SU53

- Insert Line area would mean you're in an other namespace as foreseen in your system. then you would modify.

bye, Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Volker,

The Method is a new one to create, hence 'redefine' will not comes to picture, right.

Generally, in custom class, we can just create Methods, but behaving strangely here as it's not allowing to have code inside the method resulting with 'disabling screen' !

Please suggest.

Regards,

Suren.

0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

please check the Original System from Object Directory Entry of your class in SE24. Is this system your DEV system?

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Klaus,

Yes, the Original system is my dev and Original lang is DE.

0 Kudos

Hi,

then please check, that there is no authority reason for this issue (with tcode SU53).

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

Check if it is a Static method of Super class.

Regards,

Shivajiraju.

0 Kudos

hi Shivajiraju,

It is Static method and there is no super class and the Class is defined as Final.

Regards,

Suren

0 Kudos

Hi Suren ,

If a Class is declared as a static method and Final . cannot redefine or add the lines to that method,

even though in same class.

Please change the declaration from Static to Instance method.

Now you can add the lines in that method.

I hope it works fine.

Regards,

Shivajiraju.