Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICO Messages stuck in delivering status

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have developed ICO for Idoc to JMS interface.

It was working fine before last week but unfortunately it stopped working and 5 messages stuck into delivering status and other 35 messages are in to be deliver status.

we found there are hanging threads for one of the server node.

Stuck threads for DispatchDisp

So someone please help us to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Anant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

First of all you would need to check your queue PI tunnig. This Mike Sibler's blog can be helpful

Also,  Eng Swee Yeoh gives some tips in his blog , not directly about JMS adapter but you can extract some ideas.

Regards.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Restart of the server node where the delivering message is stuck(get the server number from message monitoring) would release the worker threads which in turn would enable the delivering message to be sent to endpoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too faced the same issue where messages were stuck in delivering status.

After trying all the options,we left the messages as such.

Messages got black-listed after 1 month,and i cancelled them after that.

Blacklisting is enabled by default,can you check if black listing is not disabled so that status would change after sometime automatically.

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have tried all the given solution but still the messages are in delivering status.

Actually messages are stuck in infinite mapping and not sent to channel so changing and stopping channel is not resolving the solution.

So can you please help me to clear the hanging threads as the messages are in delivering status and log is showing executing mapping and after that no any step followed by messages.

Thanks in advance.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

You need to restart java stack to clear delivering status messages, did you restart the java stack??

To prevent this issue in future you need to setup the parameter which i suggested above.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for relay but we have already tried to restart whole system which couldn't resolve the issue.

So can you suggest something else.

Thanks.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

You need to restart the system again to change the status from delivering to not delivered. First time server restart the delivering messages flagged as black listed messages, if the second time also if the message status still delivering then the system change the status to system error.Check below help for more detail.

Blacklisting - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

I have faced the same problem and tried almost all above solutions. As per my findings it was an IDOC metadata issue with the current SP level of PI. We didn't get any positive reply from SAP as well. So, we did a SP upgrade to get rid of this error. We are on PO 7.4 SP08 and everything looks good.

Please check IDOC metadata for particular scenario. In my case, data got wipe out after system restart. There are a few known IDOC metadata issues and SAP notes for it.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

If messages don't move after after channel restart,you can create a copy of this channel and use that in ICO.In that case messages in delivering state will go to error state and later on can be reprocessed.

But this is just a temperory solution and you need to look for PI tuning options as advised above.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Please stop the receiver channel. Restart the server. This will force the messages into error.

This is a quick fix.Iñaki Vila has given you the quality blogs.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

It could be problem with JMS adapter re-connect issue.

If you using Webshere MQ in receiver side then the below sap note might helpful.

948016 - Websphere MQ reconnect issue for JMS receiver channel

Problem: the JMS adapter does not re-connect to the queue manager in case of connection failure - which may happen when the queue manager is restarted for example. Instead an error is thrown  when the first message is sent from XI to the queue through the invalid JMS connection object

Solution: An alternative solution will be available only from XI 30 SP20, XI 70 SP12. The new solution sets up a poll job that regularly polls the JMS connection in order to determine whether the connection is valid or invalid. The poll job sends non-persistent messages with a small expiry period to a temporary queue available on that connection. The connection is determined as broken when message-send to the temporary queue fails. The poll job runs every 90 seconds is activated by the means of an additional parameter in the JMS channel configuration. The resource cost of this poll job is a new TCP socket connection between client and server (behaviour of MQ provider).

The connection-test poll job can be activated by setting the JMS additional parameter CONNECTION_TEST_POLL=true in the JMS receiver communication channel.

Regards,

Praveen.