cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web services in Powerbuilder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

anyone has a walkthrough that explains how to create and use Web services in Powerbuilder?

A tutorial .....

ty

Gimmy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gimmy,

Take a look into this:

Nuno Madeira

0 Kudos

Hi Nuno Madeira,

The images attached in your post are unavailable. If you update them, it would be more understandable.

Thanks,

Sankar Ganesh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

My mistake

Can you please recheck if the links are now working ?

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very nice and cogent walk-through. Unfortunately I am missing the part how the variable of type session (among other types ) was created, and source pbl is not available in the attachments list. Perhaps you can add a link to the pbl?

Thanks

Arthur Yalon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Data types like the session type usually get exposed from the web service you are generating a client proxy for. This one appears to be the type returned from the call to his "logon" method.

When the proxy gets generated it will create these types for you use in your PB code.

hth,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer...

not in my case, unfortunately my generated proxy does not contain anything of the sort.

my understanding is they need to be declared in the WSDL in order for these types to be available.

I am too facing a problem of implementing ws security element. I do get the security key form a first service, but then need to "patch" the SOAP header to include this key.

I wonder if I  can capitalize on the code in the example and build out my own structures, then add the method in the generated proxy - just to see if this is possible at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gimmy,

Take a look at Bruce's webinars on Powerbuilder Central regarding "Creation and Consumption of Web Services with Powerbuilder".

PowerBuilder Central - Search results for: Creation and Consumption of Web Services with Powe

hth,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh yes !!!