cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX Valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Expert,

Can you please help me understanding the behaviour of FAGL_FC_VALUATION?

I have two easy questions:

1.- Why in some cases I get Ledger Group filled with value 'G1'

But the original document has this field empty.

2.- Any one can briefly explain me the relevance of Ledger Group?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Rachel1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Sara,

Greetings!

FAGL_FC_VAL always need a ledger group for valuation postings even in

cases where it posts to one ledger. The ledger group is needed in order

to allow FAGL_FC_VAL posting to more than one ledger. In case that

FAGL_FC_VAL posts only to one ledger then the ledger group has the same

name as the ledger. Therefore when you create a ledger the system also

automatically creates the ledger group with the same name.

I hope above information can help more or less.

Best regards,

Rachel

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sara,

In relation to your question, i'd like to add:

- An FI Document is (normally) displayed in all ledgers.

In the ledger group field, you can enter a specific ledger  or a ledger group.

If you leave this field empty, all ledgers will be posted to.

If the ledger group field is filled, the document is posted only to the ledgers of the ledger group.

Concerning Foreign currency valuation there are two options:

Option 1: Definition of two valuation areas and two accounting principles with corresponding ledger linkage then the foreign currency valuation runs twice -each time updating the appropriate ledger.

Option 2: Definition of one valuation area and one accouting principle.In addition, a ledger group is defined.The ledger group contains the ledgers NA and N2 and it's linked to the valauation area.

> The values are then simultaneously written in both ledgers of the ledger group.

The ledger group is option for simplifying the work in certain cases.No customer should be forced to create their own ledger groups.

However, a new ledger group is created automatically for each ledger in New G/L.This contains the relevant ledger and has the same name.

Hope this would be helpful,

regards,

Siwar

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

concerning question #1: the valuation in FAGL_FC_VAL is done by ledger group, so a document with ledger group (blank) can be actually revaluated multiple times, separate per ledger group. Different accounting principles can be applied this way.

#2: If you only have two ledgers, ledger groups are pretty much superfluous. Still, you need to set up one group with ledger 1 and another group with ledger 2. Posting to both ledgers at once would be with ledger group (blank), which sounds like non-sense. It does make sense for customers who have more than 2 ledgers, e.g. leading US GAAP, local GAAP and local tax GAAP. Then, it may make sense to create a group which posts to US GAAP and Local GAAP, and maybe a group which posts to local GAAP and Local tax GAAP at once.

Best Regards,

Christoph