cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro JAVA RFC application error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a Web Dynpro JAVA application which deals with RFC. I have created table and function module in the backend, and imported adaptive RFC model too, then created component controller by applying template as service conttroller, and model binding. In the search view there are 5 input fields and a radio button and a submit button. the model node attributed are mapped to the input fields. But when I am deploying the application on J2EE server, all the input fields are coming as read only, and I am not able to input any value in it. I checked the read only property field of all the input field UI elements, but they are false.

Please suggest what is the problem? As the application is completely OK according to the sample applications given on SAP help.Also when I am trying to set the value of a model attribute received from "selected key" value attribute, in run time it gives Null Pointer Exception.

Thanks in advance for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a seperate node(Inputs-->Name,Location,Id,etc) for the input elements of the search view screen with cardinality 1..1.

Set this Input node values to the model node input attributes of RFC, that you imported on Submit action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the help.

I created a model node with cradinality 1..1 in search view and model attributes also in that node. But when I map it to the attributes of component controller it gives me error message "Mapping of origin parent context node missing".

The component controller has model node with 1..1 cardinality but the inner node has default cardinality of 0..1 which I am not able to edit also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After importing the RFC, if u have selected only relevant fields needed for your requirement.

You would be having model node like below with cardinality 0..1

ZRFCNode

Output Node -Output1,Output2

Input1

Input2   

So, in the Search View,you can create model node with cardinality 0..1 only, with input1 and input2 context attributes. This can be mapped input1 and input2 of RFC node for context mapping to controller model node(ZRFCNode).This context attributes can be bind to UI inputs elements

Another Table node, can be mapped to Output Node for Context mapping to controller model node(ZRFCNode->Output Node).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is the new error I am getting. I modified the RFC and created a structure, which i used in the import parameters. Rest all procedure followed same as for RFC calling in Web Dynpro application.

I am not able to understand this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you change the RFC, you need to re-import the model to see the changes you made.

Hope you have gone through this link,if not check again

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27969

xavier_aranda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is necessary to reimport model, remap your contexts and clear rfc server cache to see the changes.

Hope it help