cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the SAP support a development sysytem for MFG 15.0 on only one database instance?

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,
in a customer landscape there are two hosts. One SAP NetWeaver application server and one Oracle database server. The requirements are that all Oracle database components should be on one instance at the database server and that all SAP components should be on the application server only.
That means that the database instance with the SAP NetWeaver schema should be also include the SAP ME WIP, INT and ODS schema.
My question is: will it be possible, that the SAP supporting that development scenario in such a landscape?
According to the SAP Manufacturing Execution 15.0 System Landscape Recommendations on shared server, WIP and ODS should be installed in separate database instances. But the scenario for development environment is not fully clear at this point.
Attached you can find a little sketch for a better understanding of this issue.

kind regards
Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

Netweaver instance with Netweaver database should be installed locally on developer's PC, it is required for fast deployment of build results, but WIP/ODS/SAPMEINT databases can be hosted on separate server remotely and all developers can share the same database instance , just create own Site to work with SAP ME.

Regards,

Oksana

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Oksana,
thank you for your reply, but this doesn’t answer my entire issue. The Question is about the SAP Support for such an environment. According to the attached Warning Message, the SAP does not support a scenario, where ODS and WIP Databases are located on the same instances. In my scenario there is also the NetWeaver Database on the same instance. But I wanted to know, will the SAP supporting such a developer environment, or should the support just reject a request according to this development environment? In this case, the customer has to create more instances for the development system in their landscape.

kind regards
Matthias

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

1. Such development environment will be supported unless the root cause of an issue eventually appears to be about such configuration of databases. For example, performance issues.

2. For sure, such configuration will never be supported for live production environment.

Regards,

Sergiy

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

thank you for your answer. This will help me out. It is good to know, that the support decides in depending of the environment and the issue, of course.

kind regards,

Matthias

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthias,

It is not Support who decides on this but rather the environment must comply with section 3.4 and 3.4.1 of System Landscape Recommendation.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)