cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F/A Error Message "val.view 1: Acquisition cost negative"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to transfer costs from an individual material from one asset to another and I keep getting the following error messages -

"An error occured during depreciation calculation for asset"

"Asset val.view 1: Acquisition cost negative"

"Error occured while determining values to be posted for fixed asset"

"Journal entries for journal entry voucher cannot be simulated"

I've tried a partial transfer of individual material, a complete transfer of individual material, and have tried completely scrapping the fixed asset to start over.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sheryl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sheryl

I think there are existing postings in the source asset before the posting date selected in the Transfer.You can only perform the transfer after the latest posting done on the asset in order to correctly determine the values to be transferred.

If the issue still persists, provide more details if possible.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

I've tried to change the post date to today's date 5/5/2015 since the latest posting date within the asset is 4/30/2015.  Unfortunately it didn't work.

We had an asset set up as an AuC.  In April I set up a new fixed asset to transfer those costs from AuC to Leasehold Improvements.  One of the acquisitions/individual material line items posted a debit and a credit which net to the total amount of the invoice.  The amounts are all correct but since this line item has a credit amount, it has caused this "acquisition cost negative" error message to appear.

Is there any way to correct this or do we have to change a business configuration within our fixed assets work center to allow positive and negative values?

I've tried to simulate a partial transfer of individual material, a complete transfer of material, and even tried to simulate a scrap and I'm still getting the same error messages.

Thanks,

Sheryl