Old Environment

• CR Enterprise Version 4.1
  • Oracle DB 11g
  • I had relational connection will 11 - oracle client driver setting

------------------

We recently upgraded the Oracle DB to 12g

I upgraded the relational connection to 12 - oracle client

Test connection works fine

When I select the connection to update data-source to re-import store-procedure I get error ' Oracle 12 not supported'

Even if I change the relational connection setting back to 11 - oracle client - I get error ' Oracle 11 not supported'

I have 11g driver on my local laptop.

Please advise?

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked at oracle, please check  Oracle document id:  207303.1 Client / Server / Interoperability Support Matrix For Different Oracle Versions. (you need oracle support account).

Based on this table if you have client version 11 you are able to connect to server 12.

AS i have replied in this thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3736020

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Janos, but apparently its not working.

Issue is coming with CR Ent tool not supporting oracle 12.

getting ‘Oracle 12 not supported’ when trying to ‘Set data source location’ and connect via relational oracle client connection to reimport the store procedure. Issue comes at deign time, connection works fine at runtime when you test the connection. Users are able to run the report in our development boxes which are upgraded to 12c

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check out my response and contact Technical Support for more info you need assurances

Regards,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Try the latest update for CRforE, I know Product has added Oracle 12c to the list but may not be available yet...

Search help.sap.com for latest PAM's on product supported platforms.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

per PAM, direct data access doesnt support 12c and we are using storeprocedure calls using direct data access - native client relational connection.

Dont see any other workaround yet

0 Kudos

Next release should support it possibly. When 4.2 is released it will for sure.

For now only option is to not update Oracle.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any document which confirms in 4.2 - CR Enterprise will support 12c - direct data access connectivity?

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I'm pinging the Product owner to find out if they are planning on adding 12 to 4.1 and will let you know what they say once they reply.

As well as what the plans are for supporting which type of connectivity.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don, will be waiting for your response.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a SAP customer in a similar problem.

My understanding is this - since oracle are stopping support of  11G middleware at the end of the year,  SAP may be shipping a temp fix to allow CR4E to connect using D2D to an ORA 12C Db using Ora 11G mw. (note that 'Direct 2 Data' means no Universe [12C is OK thru a UNX])

the exact 'release vehicle' could be as soon as Patch 5.6- this is still to be confirmed by Support when the release notes become available. ( Removed )

We understand that the changes needs to support both the 'design time' (i.e. desktop client) and the web runtime (.rpt running in bilaunchpad).  Further to the above, this solution would also probably be ported to a Patch on the 4.1 SP6 (mid year?) and SP7 codelines (early 2016?) .

Yes, the defining CR4E commitment is to fully support 12C middleware, using D2D towards a 12C database, with the advent of BI 4.2.

I hope this information is of help to you.

Regards,

Henry

Message was edited by: Don Williams