cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activatate second local currency(Group currency)

emad_gamal
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Experts ,

I am going to activate activate second local currency(Group currency) on the current company [ which i close 2 years on it ]

i face serious problem to evaluate the amount has been entered for the previous year is there any to way to evaluate it .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Emad,

To avoid many future trouble, it will be a nice idea to activate group currency at the beginning of a financial year. Acitivate at country level (OY01) and at co.code level(Ob22). Also make sure to clear all open items before activating.

How to evaluate the historical data after activation of group currency needs to be tested.Adding a new currency needs depth analysis about the impact to various modules.  Pl see the note-399919 which details the process for maintaining additional currencies.

Regards,

Sam

emad_gamal
Participant
0 Kudos

would you advice what the side effect if i activate the group currency of the beginning of year without clear open item .

i have downloaded the above SAP it is describe

399919 - Incorrect movement type after SC cancellation (EXWRT Zero)

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

If new currency is activated without clearing existing open items, then those open items will not get cleared later. Those open items need to be reposted again and cleared. So think carefully about the consequences before you act. Good luck

emad_gamal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam for your support

what about the SAP note of functional to translate the oldest amount .

i think if we found that we will solve the oldest open items amounts .

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try on a quality system first and see if you are getting the desired results.

Take care.

Regards

Sam

emad_gamal
Participant
0 Kudos

It will be better if you help me to find function ot SAP note to translate the oldest open items amounts

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emad,

As far as my knowledge is concerned if new currency is activated without clearing existing open items, then those open items will not get cleared later. Those open items need to be reposted again and cleared.

If you are unsatisfied with the result, deactivation not possible, however you can go to ob22 and delete the new group currency. Then  clear the old open items. Then come back and activate the group currency again. Pl try it in the quality instead of messing up with the production server.

Answers (0)