cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchynode text when Importing Data from InfoObject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

my problem is that I need to Import a hierarchy into BPC/EPM. This works, however I lose all the texts of the nodes on import.

The source InfoObject is using Text Node Hierarchies. I use the standard BPC/EPM packages to import the hierarchy.

Right now my question is more of a general kind: Is there a way to get the keep the texts on import, or is this functionality not supported with BPC?

Best Regards

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Saida,

the problem with that option is that it will import like 10000 ProfitCenters, while I only need like 200. If I check "or" BPC will ignore the hierarchie filter I set up.

Anyways, this will also not chage the problem with the hierarchie nodes not being Imported correctly using /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER as I then have a very very large (10000) flat "hierarchy" of Objects. The ParentH1 property in the BPC dimension just does not have any data in it if I use /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER.

I tried to include the lines from from the hierarchy transformation file, but as expected this did not work because there are no attributes/properties for that.

Best Regards,

Hednrik

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

In BPC there are separate package for loading master data text and hierarchy. You can not load hierarchy using /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER , for hierarchy use

/CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER

1) First you need to load master using /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER. In this step you need to load hierarchy text node. If you are filtering on attributes then use "Set Filter by Attributes AND Hierarchies"

2) Second step is load hierarchy /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Shrikant,

this will work, however I have to create all the hierarchy nodes manually this way. After creating all the node members in the BPC masterdata (as normal members not putting anything into PARENTH1, for anything), running /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER will create the hierarchy I want correctly.

Just without texts

So basically I need a trick to get those texts and those members automatically, as the option "Import Text Node" seems not to work at all for me.

Best Regards,

Hendrik

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

The proposed way should work.

Can you explain your requirement with sample data, BW info object node, text, hierarchy and

source data and targeted output.

Kindly share the screenshots.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Shrikant,

basically telling me how the process works, showed me that some something was wrong, and got me to the "correct" solution.

I found note "1615037 - DM text node descriptions aren't loaded"

It basically says that you have to put in some impossible filter for the Attributes, after that check the Text Node import thing, and set the filter at the bottom to attributes AND hierarchy.

As the result only the textnodes got imported. I have no idea why the textnodes don't got imported when I had no filter in the attributes, as it should have worked, but then this is working for me.

So basically I have to set up 3 master dataloads now to get everything:

1. load masterdata with filter on Hierarchy - so I get only the Masterdata I need

2. load masterdata with "impossible" filter on attributes and Import Text nodes checked - this will give me the masterdata for the nodes

3. load the hierarchy using /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER

Well I guess this feature is not that self explaining, at least I struggle to find a logical explanation for the attribute filter thing.

The problem is solved or me, thanks everyone for looking into this matter with me.

Best Regards,

Hendrik

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hendrik,

Please select the options "Import text node" as yes

and " Set filters by attributes or Hierarchies" and then follow the remaining steps as normal

Regards,

Saida Reddy G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I do have that option checked:

The resultscreen of the package shows the following:

Runs through and Imports the mastersata:

Please note if I just run /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER to initally create the hierarchy, the hierarchy is not build correctly. When I use initially /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER, its just a flat list. However no error messages/warnings. My transformation file for this is blank.

I need to run /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER once in order to build that hierarcy properly, after that I can use the update masterdata/texts package.

Transformation File:

NODENAME=NODENAME

HIER_NAME=*STR(PARENTH1)

PARENT=PARENT

ORDER=ORDER

IOBJNM=IOBJNM

When I use /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER to initally create the hierarchy it fails completly when it comes to fetching any hierarchy node.

Best Regards

Hendrik

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

While loading master data you need to load text node of hierarchy.

In set selection there is option  "Import Text Node:

Shrikant