cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Create Expense Report in Ref. to Travel Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

In the SAP Customizing, I deactivate the integration of Travel Request with Travel Expense to avoid creating expense report from travel request.

But I still have in the Web Dynpro service, the possibility to select a travel request every time we create an expense report.

Is that something wring? How to disable this travel request list every time we create an expense report?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

No, there's nothing wrong. The integration of the Travel request with Travel expenses refers to the data, not the overall process. I.e. by deactivating the integration, there's no data passed between the processes anymore, thus the traveler is forced to input it himself. However, that doesn't change the overall process chain of the module.

At that, your requirement makes no sense to me; let me elaborate: A trip, no matter what status it currently is in (Request, Plan, Expense Sheet, doesn't matter) has the same technical data foundation and the same Trip Number (REINR). That's why it makes sense, that the expense sheet is taking technical reference to the request (because it's technically the same object).

The way you depict it, you would have a Travel Request with, let's say a number '10' and then create an expense sheet (functionally based on that request) with another Trip Number '11' and no technical relevance anymore whatsoever; is that how your business process works? If yes, then I don't understand it.

Could you please elaborate on your business process and your requirement?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your answer. I confirm you that we distinguish travel request form expense report.

for us, the TR is just for documentation and validation log. and we definitely want separate document for both of them, even as you said, they are the same object.

The thing is I don't understand how not to show these travel requests when creating a new expense report in the ABAP Web Dynpro.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

I'd still recommend against your approach, but if you really want to do it that way:

The VC which you are talking about is FITE_VC_PRESELECTION. The list of the trips is polled within CC Method PREPARE_TRIP_LIST which is then again executed in FPM Method ON_SHOW. Now, if you'd create an enhancement and a post exit and just clear the returning table of PREPARE_TRIP_LIST , the list would be empty. Assuming there is only one qualified schema available then, the preselection-VC would be skipped entirely.

Again my warning : Going that way will mean you have actually two different trips, one for the request and one for the expense sheet and there will be no technical relation bewtween them whatsoever.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

I will adjust this powl. Hope it will be ok.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)