cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of Base unit of measurement

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this issue.Base unit of measure is maintained as EA in material master and in additional data the alternative unit of measure is given as 1EA=2 Kg.when I am creating a STO with this material if I enter the order unit as EA and quantity as 1 the system automatically converts it to 2 Kg I do not want this convertion and there is no info record maintained for this material , whereas for other materials there is no conversions to kg.PLease let me know how can I retain it in EA?

Thanks,

Varsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your ORDER unit maintained in the purchasing view of the MMR .Could be the reason since Ordering unit is KG and hence is taking in the PO .

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Ragavendra,

Order unit is not maintained in material master.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you checked the info record ? does in that the unit is given as KG and is being refferred in PO ? Or are you reffreing a OA which is with KG ?

0 Kudos

Hi Ragavendra,

There is no inforecord maintained for the material.In material master the base uom is maintained as EA  and in additional data under unit of measures conversion is maintained as 1EA =2KG.when I am creating STO with order unit as EA and quantity as 1,  the system automatically converts into 2 Kg.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do one thing . do not enter the uom initially . after provsision of the material in the PO material field and and quantity press enter and see what happens . also you are having the facility to change the KG defaulted . if not reffered the po unit to be base uom . i assume a OA would have beeb created for this material with order unit kg .please check

former_member280154
Participant
0 Kudos

Varsha,

Since it is an STO, and I am assuming it is an interplant STO. Have you checked the Order unit of measure for these two materials in both the plants?

0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The issue is solved.The unit of issue was maintained as KG. I changed it.It is working fine now.Thank you so much for the help.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

fine .if resolved please close the thread.

Regards,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just maintain the variable order unit as 1 in material master. Then try.

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

It worked fine but there is one query where there is another material which doesnot have variable order Unit set as 1 but still there is no conversion happening unlike the material which had the conversion from EA to KG.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check is there any order unit or issue unit has been maintained in material master.

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

In both the material order unit is not maintained.

Only the base unit of measure is maintained as EA and in additional data under units of measure the conversion  factor of 1EA = 2 KG is maintained for both materials

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There must be some differences between material master or purchase order.

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

The issue is solved.The unit of issue was maintained as Kg..I changed it and it is working fine thanks a lot for your help.